Feb 22, 2012, 6:58 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke was a guest on TSN Radio this evening and, as always, he had a few things to say. Click here to listen.
—- Burke says he doesn’t have a firm offer on the table for Rick Nash.
—- He may be in the market for a goalie prior to the deadline.
—- Certain members of the media are “dirtbags.”
—- He’s not interested in the Leafs making the playoffs and getting “my ass kicked.”
—- He’s not saying whether he’ll fire coach Ron Wilson If the Leafs don’t make the playoffs. In fact, it’s none of your business.
The first two points – about Nash and possibly addressing the goaltending situation – are the big ones. After all, we already knew that Burke doesn’t get along with every member of the media. And of course he wants to win the Stanley Cup, not just make the playoffs. And he absolutely has to fire Wilson if the Leafs don’t make the playoffs.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)