Feb 22, 2012, 6:58 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke was a guest on TSN Radio this evening and, as always, he had a few things to say. Click here to listen.
—- Burke says he doesn’t have a firm offer on the table for Rick Nash.
—- He may be in the market for a goalie prior to the deadline.
—- Certain members of the media are “dirtbags.”
—- He’s not interested in the Leafs making the playoffs and getting “my ass kicked.”
—- He’s not saying whether he’ll fire coach Ron Wilson If the Leafs don’t make the playoffs. In fact, it’s none of your business.
The first two points – about Nash and possibly addressing the goaltending situation – are the big ones. After all, we already knew that Burke doesn’t get along with every member of the media. And of course he wants to win the Stanley Cup, not just make the playoffs. And he absolutely has to fire Wilson if the Leafs don’t make the playoffs.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)