Feb 22, 2012, 6:58 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke was a guest on TSN Radio this evening and, as always, he had a few things to say. Click here to listen.
—- Burke says he doesn’t have a firm offer on the table for Rick Nash.
—- He may be in the market for a goalie prior to the deadline.
—- Certain members of the media are “dirtbags.”
—- He’s not interested in the Leafs making the playoffs and getting “my ass kicked.”
—- He’s not saying whether he’ll fire coach Ron Wilson If the Leafs don’t make the playoffs. In fact, it’s none of your business.
The first two points – about Nash and possibly addressing the goaltending situation – are the big ones. After all, we already knew that Burke doesn’t get along with every member of the media. And of course he wants to win the Stanley Cup, not just make the playoffs. And he absolutely has to fire Wilson if the Leafs don’t make the playoffs.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)