Feb 22, 2012, 6:58 PM EST
Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke was a guest on TSN Radio this evening and, as always, he had a few things to say. Click here to listen.
—- Burke says he doesn’t have a firm offer on the table for Rick Nash.
—- He may be in the market for a goalie prior to the deadline.
—- Certain members of the media are “dirtbags.”
—- He’s not interested in the Leafs making the playoffs and getting “my ass kicked.”
—- He’s not saying whether he’ll fire coach Ron Wilson If the Leafs don’t make the playoffs. In fact, it’s none of your business.
The first two points – about Nash and possibly addressing the goaltending situation – are the big ones. After all, we already knew that Burke doesn’t get along with every member of the media. And of course he wants to win the Stanley Cup, not just make the playoffs. And he absolutely has to fire Wilson if the Leafs don’t make the playoffs.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)