Feb 21, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Last week when we announced with great sadness that Tuomu Ruutu was retiring from the trade rumor mill, we secretly held out hope it wasn’t so.
Fortunately, it might not be so.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports via Twitter that the Hurricanes need to know by Wednesday if Ruutu will accept their contract offer, otherwise he might be back on the market.
Ruutu is currently out for a couple of weeks with an upper-body injury, but that shouldn’t seriously affect his trade value.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)