Feb 21, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
Last week when we announced with great sadness that Tuomu Ruutu was retiring from the trade rumor mill, we secretly held out hope it wasn’t so.
Fortunately, it might not be so.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports via Twitter that the Hurricanes need to know by Wednesday if Ruutu will accept their contract offer, otherwise he might be back on the market.
Ruutu is currently out for a couple of weeks with an upper-body injury, but that shouldn’t seriously affect his trade value.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 8
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 11
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33