Feb 21, 2012, 9:19 AM EST
With all the trade rumors surrounding the Columbus Blue Jackets, it’s easy to get caught up in the Rick Nash hoopla. After all, he’s the biggest name believed to be available on the market and if he is to be traded, he’s going to fetch the biggest return.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson, however, wants people to not lose their minds over what figures to be a very busy week ahead for him and the Columbus franchise as he tells Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch.
“We’re waiting for the right deals,” Howson said. “We’re getting closer. But we’re not there yet.”
Howson says there are no deals imminent right now but with Nash getting a lot of interest from teams like the Kings, Maple Leafs, Rangers, and Flyers as well as center Jeff Carter being actively dangled by the team as well, things won’t stay quiet in Columbus for very long.
Along with Nash and Carter, it’s believed that a number of other players could be had at the right price. Antoine Vermette, Derick Brassard, and R.J. Umberger come to mind here as other trade possibilities. Regardless, it appears we’re about to see a huge change with a franchise that tried to jump into the fire in a big way and failed. This is where Homer Simpson would say that the lesson is to never try.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8