Feb 21, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
A tough year for forwards in St. Louis just got a lot tougher.
Having already gone extended periods without David Perron, Andy McDonald, Alex Steen, Matt D’Agostini and Jason Arnott this season, the Blues announced today that alternate captain Jamie Langenbrunner will be out at least four weeks with a broken bone in his left foot.
The injury occurred during St. Louis’ loss to Chicago on Hockey Day in America — on Tuesday, GM Doug Armstrong announced Langenbrunner would be headed to injured reserve and the foot would be re-evaluated in a month.
Langenbrunner, 36, posted 4G-17A-21PTS in 57 games with St. Louis this season, providing veteran leadership in a second-/third-line role. He averaged just under 15 minutes a night and was recently skating with McDonald and Patrik Berglund on St. Louis’ second line.
It’ll be interesting to see how Armstrong reacts to this latest injury. Langenbrunner joins Arnott, D’Agostini and Steen among the walking wounded, pretty significant absences for a Blues team that struggles to score goals at the best of time (currently ranked 20th in goals per game.)
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)