Feb 21, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
In case you haven’t heard, former Pro Bowl receiver Terrell Owens is making a comeback with the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League, which apparently exists.
But before the Wranglers kick off their season against the Wichita Wild on Feb. 25, Owens will be dropping the puck tonight at the Allen Event Center prior to the Central Hockey League game between the hometown Americans and Texas Brahmas.
Fun fact: the Americans are part owned by former NHL defenseman Steve Duchesne.
Oh, and before somebody comments “slow news day?” — Yes, it’s a slow news day.
SOMEBODY MAKE A TRADE.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)