Feb 21, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
In case you haven’t heard, former Pro Bowl receiver Terrell Owens is making a comeback with the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League, which apparently exists.
But before the Wranglers kick off their season against the Wichita Wild on Feb. 25, Owens will be dropping the puck tonight at the Allen Event Center prior to the Central Hockey League game between the hometown Americans and Texas Brahmas.
Fun fact: the Americans are part owned by former NHL defenseman Steve Duchesne.
Oh, and before somebody comments “slow news day?” — Yes, it’s a slow news day.
SOMEBODY MAKE A TRADE.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 6
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 11
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 49
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 104
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)