Feb 21, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
In case you haven’t heard, former Pro Bowl receiver Terrell Owens is making a comeback with the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League, which apparently exists.
But before the Wranglers kick off their season against the Wichita Wild on Feb. 25, Owens will be dropping the puck tonight at the Allen Event Center prior to the Central Hockey League game between the hometown Americans and Texas Brahmas.
Fun fact: the Americans are part owned by former NHL defenseman Steve Duchesne.
Oh, and before somebody comments “slow news day?” — Yes, it’s a slow news day.
SOMEBODY MAKE A TRADE.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50