Feb 21, 2012, 3:08 PM EST
In case you haven’t heard, former Pro Bowl receiver Terrell Owens is making a comeback with the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League, which apparently exists.
But before the Wranglers kick off their season against the Wichita Wild on Feb. 25, Owens will be dropping the puck tonight at the Allen Event Center prior to the Central Hockey League game between the hometown Americans and Texas Brahmas.
Fun fact: the Americans are part owned by former NHL defenseman Steve Duchesne.
Oh, and before somebody comments “slow news day?” — Yes, it’s a slow news day.
SOMEBODY MAKE A TRADE.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32