Feb 20, 2012, 8:48 PM EST
The Washington Capitals came into tonight’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes with a chance to take a slim Southeast Division lead. It’s still possible for the Caps to come back from a 3-0 deficit, but if the pattern holds, Monday will provide another stew of embarrassment and frustration for Washington.
Tomas Vokoun might end up with the most egg on his face, though.
The Czech-born goalie allowed two goals on just seven shots, which was enough for Dale Hunter to yank him from the game. In the process, Vokoun experienced the shortest start of his career at just 5:09.
In a way, it just fits his up-and-down season. Vokoun’s agent Alan Walsh just Tweeted about his hot recent run on Sunday:
So much for that.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 6
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 38
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45