Feb 20, 2012, 8:48 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals came into tonight’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes with a chance to take a slim Southeast Division lead. It’s still possible for the Caps to come back from a 3-0 deficit, but if the pattern holds, Monday will provide another stew of embarrassment and frustration for Washington.
Tomas Vokoun might end up with the most egg on his face, though.
The Czech-born goalie allowed two goals on just seven shots, which was enough for Dale Hunter to yank him from the game. In the process, Vokoun experienced the shortest start of his career at just 5:09.
In a way, it just fits his up-and-down season. Vokoun’s agent Alan Walsh just Tweeted about his hot recent run on Sunday:
So much for that.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22