Feb 20, 2012, 5:34 PM EST
Given Philadelphia’s defensive and goaltending struggles, Nash to the highest scoring team in the NHL seemed odd to many observers. However, when a player of his caliber becomes available, the GM of a big-spending team like the Flyers is going to at least make inquiries.
Yes, even when the player is signed until 2018 with a $7.8 million cap hit.
Big contract or not, try to imagine a combination of Nash and Claude Giroux for years to come. Safe to say Giroux would be an upgrade on Antoine Vermette and all the other second-rate centers Nash has been forced to play with in Columbus. Doesn’t mean the Flyers should do the deal, but it never hurts to find out what it would take.
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 14
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 7
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 16
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)