Feb 20, 2012, 5:34 PM EDT
Given Philadelphia’s defensive and goaltending struggles, Nash to the highest scoring team in the NHL seemed odd to many observers. However, when a player of his caliber becomes available, the GM of a big-spending team like the Flyers is going to at least make inquiries.
Yes, even when the player is signed until 2018 with a $7.8 million cap hit.
Big contract or not, try to imagine a combination of Nash and Claude Giroux for years to come. Safe to say Giroux would be an upgrade on Antoine Vermette and all the other second-rate centers Nash has been forced to play with in Columbus. Doesn’t mean the Flyers should do the deal, but it never hurts to find out what it would take.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (90)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)