Feb 20, 2012, 5:34 PM EDT
Given Philadelphia’s defensive and goaltending struggles, Nash to the highest scoring team in the NHL seemed odd to many observers. However, when a player of his caliber becomes available, the GM of a big-spending team like the Flyers is going to at least make inquiries.
Yes, even when the player is signed until 2018 with a $7.8 million cap hit.
Big contract or not, try to imagine a combination of Nash and Claude Giroux for years to come. Safe to say Giroux would be an upgrade on Antoine Vermette and all the other second-rate centers Nash has been forced to play with in Columbus. Doesn’t mean the Flyers should do the deal, but it never hurts to find out what it would take.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 9
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 26
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)