Feb 20, 2012, 5:34 PM EST
Given Philadelphia’s defensive and goaltending struggles, Nash to the highest scoring team in the NHL seemed odd to many observers. However, when a player of his caliber becomes available, the GM of a big-spending team like the Flyers is going to at least make inquiries.
Yes, even when the player is signed until 2018 with a $7.8 million cap hit.
Big contract or not, try to imagine a combination of Nash and Claude Giroux for years to come. Safe to say Giroux would be an upgrade on Antoine Vermette and all the other second-rate centers Nash has been forced to play with in Columbus. Doesn’t mean the Flyers should do the deal, but it never hurts to find out what it would take.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 0
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 74
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 20
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 30
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (71)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)