Feb 20, 2012, 5:34 PM EDT
Given Philadelphia’s defensive and goaltending struggles, Nash to the highest scoring team in the NHL seemed odd to many observers. However, when a player of his caliber becomes available, the GM of a big-spending team like the Flyers is going to at least make inquiries.
Yes, even when the player is signed until 2018 with a $7.8 million cap hit.
Big contract or not, try to imagine a combination of Nash and Claude Giroux for years to come. Safe to say Giroux would be an upgrade on Antoine Vermette and all the other second-rate centers Nash has been forced to play with in Columbus. Doesn’t mean the Flyers should do the deal, but it never hurts to find out what it would take.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 11
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)