Feb 20, 2012, 8:16 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers’ biggest name (and highest-paid) defenseman Brian Campbell is still in the mix, but some difficult injuries on the blueline have affected the team on the scoreboard.
The Florida Sun-Sentinel’s Harvey Fialkov discusses how much the team’s offense has “sputtered” without hard-shooting Jason Garrison (who leads the league’s D-men in goal scoring with 13) and smooth-passing Dmitry Kulikov. Panthers coach Kevin Dineen hopes that Florida can add some diversity to its offensive mix in light of these issues.
“You can’t be a one-trick pony, get offense from one source; it can’t be one style,” Dineen said. “You have to have a little diversity to your game. There’s numbers of ways we’re exploring [in practice].”
The Panthers remain first overall in the Southeast Division and the Carolina Hurricanes might maintain that lead as they’re up 2-0 against the Washington Capitals. Despite the fact that it doesn’t really seem like anyone is stepping up in the Southeast, Florida is going to have to get its act together – without some of its best catalysts.
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 26
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 37
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 8
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 44
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 105
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)