Feb 20, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
Not that it matters to the Oilers’ playoff hopes; those have already been dashed. However, Khabibulin’s name has been bandied about in trade rumors, and this could complicate things.
Granted, why any team would want to acquire Khabibulin is a mystery to me. He’s 39 years old and has one year remaining on a contract with a cap hit of $3.75 million.
There’s also the fact he hasn’t been very good since November.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 9
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head 73
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 35
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 85
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 24
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (85)