Feb 20, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
Not that it matters to the Oilers’ playoff hopes; those have already been dashed. However, Khabibulin’s name has been bandied about in trade rumors, and this could complicate things.
Granted, why any team would want to acquire Khabibulin is a mystery to me. He’s 39 years old and has one year remaining on a contract with a cap hit of $3.75 million.
There’s also the fact he hasn’t been very good since November.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20