Feb 20, 2012, 1:03 AM EDT
Usually when news surfaces that a player waives his no-trade clause, it’s just a matter of time before he’s on his way out. That’s especially true when that same fellow talks smack about his head coach, which is exactly what happened with Marek Zidlicky.
Zidlicky reportedly waived his NTC to join the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday, yet a deal never actually happened. Not yet, at least.
Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick tackled the strange subject, as you can see in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 4
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 9
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 33
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)