Feb 19, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Warren Peters was forced to miss Sunday’s game against Boston after receiving a five-minute major and a game misconduct for cross-checking St. Louis’ David Backes in the head on Saturday. The NHL’s explanation is below.
The suspension probably would have been longer if Backes was hurt or Peters had been suspended or fined in the past. Peters has 55 penalty minutes in 74 career NHL games, with 15 of them coming on Saturday. Peters will also forfeit $2,905.41 in salary as a result of this suspension.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5