Feb 19, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
No word regarding how this verdict may or may not affect Versteeg’s ridiculous hair cut. (One would assume that a suspension would have given him a little time to look up a Super Cuts or something.)
Versteeg actually has one suspension on his record from his rookie season in December 2008. The then-Chicago Blackhawks winger got in a squabble that left then-Phoenix Coyotes forward Kyle Turris with a bloody nose.
There’s no easy-to-find video of Versteeg’s check on Halpern, so I’ll leave it to your memories. Did Versteeg deserve a suspension, was the fine good enough or did the incident warrant no discipline at all?
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 0
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 7
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9