Feb 19, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
No word regarding how this verdict may or may not affect Versteeg’s ridiculous hair cut. (One would assume that a suspension would have given him a little time to look up a Super Cuts or something.)
Versteeg actually has one suspension on his record from his rookie season in December 2008. The then-Chicago Blackhawks winger got in a squabble that left then-Phoenix Coyotes forward Kyle Turris with a bloody nose.
There’s no easy-to-find video of Versteeg’s check on Halpern, so I’ll leave it to your memories. Did Versteeg deserve a suspension, was the fine good enough or did the incident warrant no discipline at all?
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 28
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3