Feb 19, 2012, 5:21 PM EST
Leafs GM Brian Burke confirmed that he had an “unscheduled meeting” with Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson, but Burke did throw a wrench in the Rick Nash-to-Toronto rumors that have circulated as a result.
“I was there on other business,” Burke said.
Of course, that doesn’t mean that Toronto won’t trade for Nash, but at the same time, the chances of such a deal happening aren’t great. Nash’s $7,800,000 annual cap hit combined with Howson’s reportedly high asking price would make it hard for Burke and Howson to come to an agreement. Still, we can say with relatively certainty that this isn’t the last we’ll hear about the possibility of a Nash trade before the Feb. 27 deadline.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 44
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)