Feb 19, 2012, 5:21 PM EDT
Leafs GM Brian Burke confirmed that he had an “unscheduled meeting” with Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson, but Burke did throw a wrench in the Rick Nash-to-Toronto rumors that have circulated as a result.
“I was there on other business,” Burke said.
Of course, that doesn’t mean that Toronto won’t trade for Nash, but at the same time, the chances of such a deal happening aren’t great. Nash’s $7,800,000 annual cap hit combined with Howson’s reportedly high asking price would make it hard for Burke and Howson to come to an agreement. Still, we can say with relatively certainty that this isn’t the last we’ll hear about the possibility of a Nash trade before the Feb. 27 deadline.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 9
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)