Feb 19, 2012, 5:21 PM EDT
Leafs GM Brian Burke confirmed that he had an “unscheduled meeting” with Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson, but Burke did throw a wrench in the Rick Nash-to-Toronto rumors that have circulated as a result.
“I was there on other business,” Burke said.
Of course, that doesn’t mean that Toronto won’t trade for Nash, but at the same time, the chances of such a deal happening aren’t great. Nash’s $7,800,000 annual cap hit combined with Howson’s reportedly high asking price would make it hard for Burke and Howson to come to an agreement. Still, we can say with relatively certainty that this isn’t the last we’ll hear about the possibility of a Nash trade before the Feb. 27 deadline.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 0
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 26
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 28
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)