Feb 19, 2012, 5:21 PM EST
Leafs GM Brian Burke confirmed that he had an “unscheduled meeting” with Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson, but Burke did throw a wrench in the Rick Nash-to-Toronto rumors that have circulated as a result.
“I was there on other business,” Burke said.
Of course, that doesn’t mean that Toronto won’t trade for Nash, but at the same time, the chances of such a deal happening aren’t great. Nash’s $7,800,000 annual cap hit combined with Howson’s reportedly high asking price would make it hard for Burke and Howson to come to an agreement. Still, we can say with relatively certainty that this isn’t the last we’ll hear about the possibility of a Nash trade before the Feb. 27 deadline.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)