Feb 19, 2012, 5:21 PM EDT
Leafs GM Brian Burke confirmed that he had an “unscheduled meeting” with Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson, but Burke did throw a wrench in the Rick Nash-to-Toronto rumors that have circulated as a result.
“I was there on other business,” Burke said.
Of course, that doesn’t mean that Toronto won’t trade for Nash, but at the same time, the chances of such a deal happening aren’t great. Nash’s $7,800,000 annual cap hit combined with Howson’s reportedly high asking price would make it hard for Burke and Howson to come to an agreement. Still, we can say with relatively certainty that this isn’t the last we’ll hear about the possibility of a Nash trade before the Feb. 27 deadline.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 0
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 8
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 13
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 21
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)