Feb 19, 2012, 11:36 PM EDT
Eric Boulton felt really ripped off when his comically bloody face cut a recent fight short, but maybe Anaheim Ducks enforcer George Parros was left wanting too. Parros earned his paycheck on Sunday, however, as he did a ton of spinning and punching with his old buddy Krys Barch.
This was the fourth time the two trade knuckle sandwich recipes according to Hockey Fights’ “rivals” section. (Brilliant little feature, by the way.)
It makes perfect sense that the two have exchanged pleasantries quite often, too. Barch was a member of the Dallas Stars before joining the Florida Panthers in a trade this season, so the two often got the blood flowing in division rivalry games. In fact, here’s a fun “retro” photo of them hurting each other from Matt Sayles of The Associated Press.
So far 56.4 percent of Hockey Fights’ audience called that battle a draw and 33 .3 percent tabbed Barch as the winner. Do you agree or did Parros win by a ‘stache?
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 31
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)