Feb 19, 2012, 11:36 PM EDT
Eric Boulton felt really ripped off when his comically bloody face cut a recent fight short, but maybe Anaheim Ducks enforcer George Parros was left wanting too. Parros earned his paycheck on Sunday, however, as he did a ton of spinning and punching with his old buddy Krys Barch.
This was the fourth time the two trade knuckle sandwich recipes according to Hockey Fights’ “rivals” section. (Brilliant little feature, by the way.)
It makes perfect sense that the two have exchanged pleasantries quite often, too. Barch was a member of the Dallas Stars before joining the Florida Panthers in a trade this season, so the two often got the blood flowing in division rivalry games. In fact, here’s a fun “retro” photo of them hurting each other from Matt Sayles of The Associated Press.
So far 56.4 percent of Hockey Fights’ audience called that battle a draw and 33 .3 percent tabbed Barch as the winner. Do you agree or did Parros win by a ‘stache?
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)