Feb 19, 2012, 11:36 PM EDT
Eric Boulton felt really ripped off when his comically bloody face cut a recent fight short, but maybe Anaheim Ducks enforcer George Parros was left wanting too. Parros earned his paycheck on Sunday, however, as he did a ton of spinning and punching with his old buddy Krys Barch.
This was the fourth time the two trade knuckle sandwich recipes according to Hockey Fights’ “rivals” section. (Brilliant little feature, by the way.)
It makes perfect sense that the two have exchanged pleasantries quite often, too. Barch was a member of the Dallas Stars before joining the Florida Panthers in a trade this season, so the two often got the blood flowing in division rivalry games. In fact, here’s a fun “retro” photo of them hurting each other from Matt Sayles of The Associated Press.
So far 56.4 percent of Hockey Fights’ audience called that battle a draw and 33 .3 percent tabbed Barch as the winner. Do you agree or did Parros win by a ‘stache?
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 19
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 48
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 1
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 26
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control