Feb 18, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
It hasn’t been a good season for Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason. Seeing Mason get lit up by the Blackhawks this afternoon for four goals against was enough for Jackets interim coach Todd Richards to pull him from the game. That decision didn’t seem to sit too well with Mason, however, as he had a few angry words to spout off with back on the bench.
The cameras of CSN Chicago captured an angry Mason seemingly barking at Richards while Allen York took over for him in the second period.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Mason said he was yelling at a Blackhawks fan behind the bench who was taunting him. Considering the game was in Columbus that’s doubly insulting.
Maybe Mason is defusing the situation or he had really bad aim with where he was yelling, but it sure looked like he was focusing his frustrations at someone on the Columbus bench. Either way, seeing Mason vent his frustrations sums up his season rather succinctly. The Blue Jackets ultimately lost to Chicago 6-1.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)