Feb 18, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
It hasn’t been a good season for Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason. Seeing Mason get lit up by the Blackhawks this afternoon for four goals against was enough for Jackets interim coach Todd Richards to pull him from the game. That decision didn’t seem to sit too well with Mason, however, as he had a few angry words to spout off with back on the bench.
The cameras of CSN Chicago captured an angry Mason seemingly barking at Richards while Allen York took over for him in the second period.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Mason said he was yelling at a Blackhawks fan behind the bench who was taunting him. Considering the game was in Columbus that’s doubly insulting.
Maybe Mason is defusing the situation or he had really bad aim with where he was yelling, but it sure looked like he was focusing his frustrations at someone on the Columbus bench. Either way, seeing Mason vent his frustrations sums up his season rather succinctly. The Blue Jackets ultimately lost to Chicago 6-1.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)