Feb 18, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
It hasn’t been a good season for Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason. Seeing Mason get lit up by the Blackhawks this afternoon for four goals against was enough for Jackets interim coach Todd Richards to pull him from the game. That decision didn’t seem to sit too well with Mason, however, as he had a few angry words to spout off with back on the bench.
The cameras of CSN Chicago captured an angry Mason seemingly barking at Richards while Allen York took over for him in the second period.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Mason said he was yelling at a Blackhawks fan behind the bench who was taunting him. Considering the game was in Columbus that’s doubly insulting.
Maybe Mason is defusing the situation or he had really bad aim with where he was yelling, but it sure looked like he was focusing his frustrations at someone on the Columbus bench. Either way, seeing Mason vent his frustrations sums up his season rather succinctly. The Blue Jackets ultimately lost to Chicago 6-1.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11