Feb 18, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
It hasn’t been a good season for Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason. Seeing Mason get lit up by the Blackhawks this afternoon for four goals against was enough for Jackets interim coach Todd Richards to pull him from the game. That decision didn’t seem to sit too well with Mason, however, as he had a few angry words to spout off with back on the bench.
The cameras of CSN Chicago captured an angry Mason seemingly barking at Richards while Allen York took over for him in the second period.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Mason said he was yelling at a Blackhawks fan behind the bench who was taunting him. Considering the game was in Columbus that’s doubly insulting.
Maybe Mason is defusing the situation or he had really bad aim with where he was yelling, but it sure looked like he was focusing his frustrations at someone on the Columbus bench. Either way, seeing Mason vent his frustrations sums up his season rather succinctly. The Blue Jackets ultimately lost to Chicago 6-1.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)