Feb 18, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov isn’t afraid to speak his mind or publicly criticize himself, but following Pittsburgh’s 6-4 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday, Bryzgalov seemed more interested is passing the blame.
Bryzgalov did acknowledge that he needs to improve, even as he complained about how others are portraying him, so he should get some credit for that. All the same, the Flyers goaltending is their single biggest question mark going into the postseason. The Flyers recent acquisitions of defensemen Pavel Kubina and Nicklas Grossman should help, but Bryzgalov will also need to be at his best in the playoffs.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50