Feb 18, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov isn’t afraid to speak his mind or publicly criticize himself, but following Pittsburgh’s 6-4 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday, Bryzgalov seemed more interested is passing the blame.
Bryzgalov did acknowledge that he needs to improve, even as he complained about how others are portraying him, so he should get some credit for that. All the same, the Flyers goaltending is their single biggest question mark going into the postseason. The Flyers recent acquisitions of defensemen Pavel Kubina and Nicklas Grossman should help, but Bryzgalov will also need to be at his best in the playoffs.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20