Feb 18, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Minnesota just can’t catch a break lately.
The Wild will be facing off against the Blues in St. Louis today without the services of captain Mikko Koivu. Michael Russo of the Star Tribune reports that Koivu is not on the trip with the team and the Wild’s official Twitter account reports that he’s day-to-day with an undisclosed ailment.
Koivu has had other injury problems this season and the Wild have struggled with and without him in the lineup. Their offensive struggles are obvious as Koivu and Dany Heatley are their two biggest threats while guys like Devin Setoguchi, Matt Cullen, and Kyle Brodziak are their next best performers and they all have less than 30 points.
The Wild have lost six in a row heading into this weekend and it doesn’t get any easier facing the Blues today and the Bruins tomorrow as part of Hockey Day in America on NBC. If they’re without Koivu for long, their drop in the standings is going to speed up.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 17
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 32
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)