Feb 18, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Minnesota just can’t catch a break lately.
The Wild will be facing off against the Blues in St. Louis today without the services of captain Mikko Koivu. Michael Russo of the Star Tribune reports that Koivu is not on the trip with the team and the Wild’s official Twitter account reports that he’s day-to-day with an undisclosed ailment.
Koivu has had other injury problems this season and the Wild have struggled with and without him in the lineup. Their offensive struggles are obvious as Koivu and Dany Heatley are their two biggest threats while guys like Devin Setoguchi, Matt Cullen, and Kyle Brodziak are their next best performers and they all have less than 30 points.
The Wild have lost six in a row heading into this weekend and it doesn’t get any easier facing the Blues today and the Bruins tomorrow as part of Hockey Day in America on NBC. If they’re without Koivu for long, their drop in the standings is going to speed up.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)