Feb 18, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Minnesota just can’t catch a break lately.
The Wild will be facing off against the Blues in St. Louis today without the services of captain Mikko Koivu. Michael Russo of the Star Tribune reports that Koivu is not on the trip with the team and the Wild’s official Twitter account reports that he’s day-to-day with an undisclosed ailment.
Koivu has had other injury problems this season and the Wild have struggled with and without him in the lineup. Their offensive struggles are obvious as Koivu and Dany Heatley are their two biggest threats while guys like Devin Setoguchi, Matt Cullen, and Kyle Brodziak are their next best performers and they all have less than 30 points.
The Wild have lost six in a row heading into this weekend and it doesn’t get any easier facing the Blues today and the Bruins tomorrow as part of Hockey Day in America on NBC. If they’re without Koivu for long, their drop in the standings is going to speed up.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 5
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)