Feb 18, 2012, 5:58 PM EDT
The Avalanche have been waiting for a while to get Matt Duchene back in the lineup and now their wait is at an end.
Adrian Dater of The Denver Post reports that Duchene will be back on the ice tomorrow when the Avalanche take on the Jets in Winnipeg. Duchene has been out since December 29 with a knee injury and even tweeted his thoughts about being taken off of injured reserve saying he’s excited to play in Winnipeg.
Duchene comes back to an Avs team that has Ryan O’Reilly as their surprising points leader with Paul Stastny, Milan Hejduk, and Gabriel Landeskog all taking care of their goal scoring needs as well. Duchene will help give them a more well rounded out top six and if he can get back to the form we’ve seen out of him the last two years, Colorado shapes up to be a threat to make the postseason.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12