Feb 18, 2012, 5:58 PM EDT
The Avalanche have been waiting for a while to get Matt Duchene back in the lineup and now their wait is at an end.
Adrian Dater of The Denver Post reports that Duchene will be back on the ice tomorrow when the Avalanche take on the Jets in Winnipeg. Duchene has been out since December 29 with a knee injury and even tweeted his thoughts about being taken off of injured reserve saying he’s excited to play in Winnipeg.
Duchene comes back to an Avs team that has Ryan O’Reilly as their surprising points leader with Paul Stastny, Milan Hejduk, and Gabriel Landeskog all taking care of their goal scoring needs as well. Duchene will help give them a more well rounded out top six and if he can get back to the form we’ve seen out of him the last two years, Colorado shapes up to be a threat to make the postseason.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (145)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)