Feb 18, 2012, 5:58 PM EDT
The Avalanche have been waiting for a while to get Matt Duchene back in the lineup and now their wait is at an end.
Adrian Dater of The Denver Post reports that Duchene will be back on the ice tomorrow when the Avalanche take on the Jets in Winnipeg. Duchene has been out since December 29 with a knee injury and even tweeted his thoughts about being taken off of injured reserve saying he’s excited to play in Winnipeg.
Duchene comes back to an Avs team that has Ryan O’Reilly as their surprising points leader with Paul Stastny, Milan Hejduk, and Gabriel Landeskog all taking care of their goal scoring needs as well. Duchene will help give them a more well rounded out top six and if he can get back to the form we’ve seen out of him the last two years, Colorado shapes up to be a threat to make the postseason.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 8
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 18
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 80
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (80)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)