Feb 18, 2012, 5:58 PM EST
The Avalanche have been waiting for a while to get Matt Duchene back in the lineup and now their wait is at an end.
Adrian Dater of The Denver Post reports that Duchene will be back on the ice tomorrow when the Avalanche take on the Jets in Winnipeg. Duchene has been out since December 29 with a knee injury and even tweeted his thoughts about being taken off of injured reserve saying he’s excited to play in Winnipeg.
Duchene comes back to an Avs team that has Ryan O’Reilly as their surprising points leader with Paul Stastny, Milan Hejduk, and Gabriel Landeskog all taking care of their goal scoring needs as well. Duchene will help give them a more well rounded out top six and if he can get back to the form we’ve seen out of him the last two years, Colorado shapes up to be a threat to make the postseason.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8