Feb 18, 2012, 5:58 PM EST
The Avalanche have been waiting for a while to get Matt Duchene back in the lineup and now their wait is at an end.
Adrian Dater of The Denver Post reports that Duchene will be back on the ice tomorrow when the Avalanche take on the Jets in Winnipeg. Duchene has been out since December 29 with a knee injury and even tweeted his thoughts about being taken off of injured reserve saying he’s excited to play in Winnipeg.
Duchene comes back to an Avs team that has Ryan O’Reilly as their surprising points leader with Paul Stastny, Milan Hejduk, and Gabriel Landeskog all taking care of their goal scoring needs as well. Duchene will help give them a more well rounded out top six and if he can get back to the form we’ve seen out of him the last two years, Colorado shapes up to be a threat to make the postseason.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 2
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)