Feb 18, 2012, 1:42 PM EST
The Red Wings are going to keep riding the hot hand.
Detroit coach Mike Babcock says that he’s starting Joey MacDonald for tomorrow afternoon’s game against San Jose as the Wings will look to win their 23rd straight game at home. Jimmy Howard was going to get the call to play after getting over his broken finger, but Babcock wants to stand by MacDonald while things are going well.
A bigger decision looms for the Red Wings after Sunday’s game as they’re going to have to send a goalie down with Howard back. Wings GM Ken Holland will either send MacDonald or Ty Conklin down to Grand Rapids and Macomb Daily’s Chuck Pleiness says that Holland will save the decision for Monday.
With how well MacDonald has played of late and how poorly Conklin has played all season, you have to think that Conklin’s number is up in Detroit.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)