Feb 18, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT
The Red Wings are going to keep riding the hot hand.
Detroit coach Mike Babcock says that he’s starting Joey MacDonald for tomorrow afternoon’s game against San Jose as the Wings will look to win their 23rd straight game at home. Jimmy Howard was going to get the call to play after getting over his broken finger, but Babcock wants to stand by MacDonald while things are going well.
A bigger decision looms for the Red Wings after Sunday’s game as they’re going to have to send a goalie down with Howard back. Wings GM Ken Holland will either send MacDonald or Ty Conklin down to Grand Rapids and Macomb Daily’s Chuck Pleiness says that Holland will save the decision for Monday.
With how well MacDonald has played of late and how poorly Conklin has played all season, you have to think that Conklin’s number is up in Detroit.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)