Feb 18, 2012, 1:42 PM EST
The Red Wings are going to keep riding the hot hand.
Detroit coach Mike Babcock says that he’s starting Joey MacDonald for tomorrow afternoon’s game against San Jose as the Wings will look to win their 23rd straight game at home. Jimmy Howard was going to get the call to play after getting over his broken finger, but Babcock wants to stand by MacDonald while things are going well.
A bigger decision looms for the Red Wings after Sunday’s game as they’re going to have to send a goalie down with Howard back. Wings GM Ken Holland will either send MacDonald or Ty Conklin down to Grand Rapids and Macomb Daily’s Chuck Pleiness says that Holland will save the decision for Monday.
With how well MacDonald has played of late and how poorly Conklin has played all season, you have to think that Conklin’s number is up in Detroit.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 11
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 40
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 38
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)