Feb 18, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT
The Red Wings are going to keep riding the hot hand.
Detroit coach Mike Babcock says that he’s starting Joey MacDonald for tomorrow afternoon’s game against San Jose as the Wings will look to win their 23rd straight game at home. Jimmy Howard was going to get the call to play after getting over his broken finger, but Babcock wants to stand by MacDonald while things are going well.
A bigger decision looms for the Red Wings after Sunday’s game as they’re going to have to send a goalie down with Howard back. Wings GM Ken Holland will either send MacDonald or Ty Conklin down to Grand Rapids and Macomb Daily’s Chuck Pleiness says that Holland will save the decision for Monday.
With how well MacDonald has played of late and how poorly Conklin has played all season, you have to think that Conklin’s number is up in Detroit.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)