Feb 18, 2012, 12:01 PM EST
The Flyers are starting to get healthy again.
After being out of action since January 12, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren announced that forward James van Riemsdyk will be back in action this afternoon against the Penguins. Without van Riemsdyk, the Flyers’ forward unit was a bit shorthanded and after dealing with injuries to Danny Briere and Jaromir Jagr in the meantime, seeing the Flyers get guys back in the lineup makes them a bit more scary.
The upside to van Riemsdyk’s return is that he’s recovered from his concussion. After missing 15 games and the Flyers being in a bit of a slump during that time, van Riemsdyk should be able to help get the Flyers back on track.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 35
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 70
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 66
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 33
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)