Feb 18, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
The Flyers are starting to get healthy again.
After being out of action since January 12, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren announced that forward James van Riemsdyk will be back in action this afternoon against the Penguins. Without van Riemsdyk, the Flyers’ forward unit was a bit shorthanded and after dealing with injuries to Danny Briere and Jaromir Jagr in the meantime, seeing the Flyers get guys back in the lineup makes them a bit more scary.
The upside to van Riemsdyk’s return is that he’s recovered from his concussion. After missing 15 games and the Flyers being in a bit of a slump during that time, van Riemsdyk should be able to help get the Flyers back on track.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)