Feb 18, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
The Flyers are starting to get healthy again.
After being out of action since January 12, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren announced that forward James van Riemsdyk will be back in action this afternoon against the Penguins. Without van Riemsdyk, the Flyers’ forward unit was a bit shorthanded and after dealing with injuries to Danny Briere and Jaromir Jagr in the meantime, seeing the Flyers get guys back in the lineup makes them a bit more scary.
The upside to van Riemsdyk’s return is that he’s recovered from his concussion. After missing 15 games and the Flyers being in a bit of a slump during that time, van Riemsdyk should be able to help get the Flyers back on track.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)