Feb 18, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
The Flyers are starting to get healthy again.
After being out of action since January 12, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren announced that forward James van Riemsdyk will be back in action this afternoon against the Penguins. Without van Riemsdyk, the Flyers’ forward unit was a bit shorthanded and after dealing with injuries to Danny Briere and Jaromir Jagr in the meantime, seeing the Flyers get guys back in the lineup makes them a bit more scary.
The upside to van Riemsdyk’s return is that he’s recovered from his concussion. After missing 15 games and the Flyers being in a bit of a slump during that time, van Riemsdyk should be able to help get the Flyers back on track.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)