Feb 18, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
San Jose defenseman Douglas Murray won’t have a chance to suit up for Hockey Day in America against the Red Wings thanks to taking a puck in the throat.
The new from CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz is that Murray will be out of action thanks to a broken Adam’s apple.
Murray was hit in the throat by a puck Thursday night against Tampa Bay and was taken to the hospital for observation. If you need to take a second to wince and let that settle into your mind, go ahead, we understand.
The Sharks will look to keep their run of great play against Detroit going without their biggest and most physical defensive presence. On the upside, San Jose may be getting Jason Demers back after suffering a lower body injury on January 24. Demers gives them a bit more experience on the blue line with Murray out, but it’s not an ideal situation for the Sharks going up against a Red Wings team that hasn’t lost at home since November 3.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)