Feb 18, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
The Ducks thought they had it won over New Jersey last night in overtime. Ryan Getzlaf appeared to score the game-winner and give the Ducks a 3-2 win to continue their rocket ride up the standings in the Western Conference.
The problem here though was after the Toronto war room review, they ruled Getzlaf kicked in the puck and waived it off. Have a look for yourself.
“He tied my stick up and I was just going to the net,” Getzlaf said. “It was like I was just stopping and it went off my skate and went in. They obviously saw it differently. …”
“I never left my crease,” Brodeur said. “I had no doubt in my mind he kicked it. When we saw it on the replay, it was even more obvious, but with the NHL you’ve just got to wait.”
Did the NHL get this one right or do the Ducks have a reason to be mad?
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 7
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)