Feb 18, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
The Ducks thought they had it won over New Jersey last night in overtime. Ryan Getzlaf appeared to score the game-winner and give the Ducks a 3-2 win to continue their rocket ride up the standings in the Western Conference.
The problem here though was after the Toronto war room review, they ruled Getzlaf kicked in the puck and waived it off. Have a look for yourself.
“He tied my stick up and I was just going to the net,” Getzlaf said. “It was like I was just stopping and it went off my skate and went in. They obviously saw it differently. …”
“I never left my crease,” Brodeur said. “I had no doubt in my mind he kicked it. When we saw it on the replay, it was even more obvious, but with the NHL you’ve just got to wait.”
Did the NHL get this one right or do the Ducks have a reason to be mad?
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15