Feb 18, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
The Ducks thought they had it won over New Jersey last night in overtime. Ryan Getzlaf appeared to score the game-winner and give the Ducks a 3-2 win to continue their rocket ride up the standings in the Western Conference.
The problem here though was after the Toronto war room review, they ruled Getzlaf kicked in the puck and waived it off. Have a look for yourself.
“He tied my stick up and I was just going to the net,” Getzlaf said. “It was like I was just stopping and it went off my skate and went in. They obviously saw it differently. …”
“I never left my crease,” Brodeur said. “I had no doubt in my mind he kicked it. When we saw it on the replay, it was even more obvious, but with the NHL you’ve just got to wait.”
Did the NHL get this one right or do the Ducks have a reason to be mad?
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34