Feb 18, 2012, 10:50 AM EST
The Ducks thought they had it won over New Jersey last night in overtime. Ryan Getzlaf appeared to score the game-winner and give the Ducks a 3-2 win to continue their rocket ride up the standings in the Western Conference.
The problem here though was after the Toronto war room review, they ruled Getzlaf kicked in the puck and waived it off. Have a look for yourself.
“He tied my stick up and I was just going to the net,” Getzlaf said. “It was like I was just stopping and it went off my skate and went in. They obviously saw it differently. …”
“I never left my crease,” Brodeur said. “I had no doubt in my mind he kicked it. When we saw it on the replay, it was even more obvious, but with the NHL you’ve just got to wait.”
Did the NHL get this one right or do the Ducks have a reason to be mad?
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3