Feb 18, 2012, 10:50 AM EST
The Ducks thought they had it won over New Jersey last night in overtime. Ryan Getzlaf appeared to score the game-winner and give the Ducks a 3-2 win to continue their rocket ride up the standings in the Western Conference.
The problem here though was after the Toronto war room review, they ruled Getzlaf kicked in the puck and waived it off. Have a look for yourself.
“He tied my stick up and I was just going to the net,” Getzlaf said. “It was like I was just stopping and it went off my skate and went in. They obviously saw it differently. …”
“I never left my crease,” Brodeur said. “I had no doubt in my mind he kicked it. When we saw it on the replay, it was even more obvious, but with the NHL you’ve just got to wait.”
Did the NHL get this one right or do the Ducks have a reason to be mad?
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 7
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 19
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)