Feb 18, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
While we’re all wondering about what teams are going after Rick Nash, the other side of rumors is how they affect the players who are mentioned to be headed out of town. For Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky, he’s taking everything in stride.
After being mentioned as a key component to the Rangers doing a deal with Columbus for Nash, the talk can get tiresome. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants hears from Dubinsky who says he’s not going to let talk disrupt his game and how things are going with the Rangers.
“Trades are part of the game,” Dubinsky said. “Until Slats (GM Glen Sather) calls me and says I’m not here anymore, I’m going to work my butt off. It’s all rumors. It’s just part of the game.”
Gross also reports that Dubinsky said it would “suck” to get traded. Going from the best team in the East to the worst team in the league would certainly qualify as being “sucky” if it were to happen.
The curious part of the Dubinsky rumor is that the Jackets have had a thing for him for some time. He’s also having a down season with just six goals and 25 points. Insert proper Blue Jackets management snark here.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 5
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 15
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)