Feb 18, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
While we’re all wondering about what teams are going after Rick Nash, the other side of rumors is how they affect the players who are mentioned to be headed out of town. For Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky, he’s taking everything in stride.
After being mentioned as a key component to the Rangers doing a deal with Columbus for Nash, the talk can get tiresome. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants hears from Dubinsky who says he’s not going to let talk disrupt his game and how things are going with the Rangers.
“Trades are part of the game,” Dubinsky said. “Until Slats (GM Glen Sather) calls me and says I’m not here anymore, I’m going to work my butt off. It’s all rumors. It’s just part of the game.”
Gross also reports that Dubinsky said it would “suck” to get traded. Going from the best team in the East to the worst team in the league would certainly qualify as being “sucky” if it were to happen.
The curious part of the Dubinsky rumor is that the Jackets have had a thing for him for some time. He’s also having a down season with just six goals and 25 points. Insert proper Blue Jackets management snark here.
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)