Feb 18, 2012, 1:13 AM EDT
One can imagine the conversation going like this:
Bloodied Boulton: “What?!!! Why did you stop the fi-”
Official: “Eric, I can see your skull.”
At least that’s how I envision the conversation going. (I’m a wishful thinker.)
Rich Chere did some intrepid journalism to find out how it really shook out/burst my bubble.
“I wasn’t hurt or anything but they said they had to get in there,” Boulton said. “I wanted to keep going. I wasn’t hurt. I didn’t feel the blood until they started coming in and then I felt it trickle down my face.
“Linesmen are doing their job trying to protect the players. It was the heat of the moment and I was a little ticked off. I didn’t get a chance to get back at him. They’re just doing their job.”
And Boulton was trying to do his, which often means absorbing punches – and occasionally giving us a laugh.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5