Feb 18, 2012, 11:23 AM EDT
The Canucks and Maple Leafs don’t play each other often and in Vancouver forward Alex Burrows‘ case, he’s probably upset that he doesn’t see the Leafs more.
When the teams meet up tonight in Vancouver, it’ll be their second meeting of the season and Burrows makes it known to Sportsnet that he really doesn’t care very much for the Leafs at all.
“The Leafs have always been a team I hated as a kid,” Burrows said. “I know a lot of fans in Vancouver don’t like this team. … It just makes it extra special.”
Burrows is already a guy that gets under a lot of opponents’ skin as it is, but having him out there when he actually doesn’t like the opposing team is a bit unnerving. About the only other time you can think of Burrows in that kind of spot would be against Boston in the Stanley Cup finals and Burrows got away with biting Patrice Bergeron.
Here’s to hoping Burrows can keep his chompers to himself and stick to the old fashioned ways of being annoying by face-washing and scoring timely goals.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 21
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)