Feb 18, 2012, 11:23 AM EDT
The Canucks and Maple Leafs don’t play each other often and in Vancouver forward Alex Burrows‘ case, he’s probably upset that he doesn’t see the Leafs more.
When the teams meet up tonight in Vancouver, it’ll be their second meeting of the season and Burrows makes it known to Sportsnet that he really doesn’t care very much for the Leafs at all.
“The Leafs have always been a team I hated as a kid,” Burrows said. “I know a lot of fans in Vancouver don’t like this team. … It just makes it extra special.”
Burrows is already a guy that gets under a lot of opponents’ skin as it is, but having him out there when he actually doesn’t like the opposing team is a bit unnerving. About the only other time you can think of Burrows in that kind of spot would be against Boston in the Stanley Cup finals and Burrows got away with biting Patrice Bergeron.
Here’s to hoping Burrows can keep his chompers to himself and stick to the old fashioned ways of being annoying by face-washing and scoring timely goals.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)