Feb 18, 2012, 11:23 AM EST
The Canucks and Maple Leafs don’t play each other often and in Vancouver forward Alex Burrows‘ case, he’s probably upset that he doesn’t see the Leafs more.
When the teams meet up tonight in Vancouver, it’ll be their second meeting of the season and Burrows makes it known to Sportsnet that he really doesn’t care very much for the Leafs at all.
“The Leafs have always been a team I hated as a kid,” Burrows said. “I know a lot of fans in Vancouver don’t like this team. … It just makes it extra special.”
Burrows is already a guy that gets under a lot of opponents’ skin as it is, but having him out there when he actually doesn’t like the opposing team is a bit unnerving. About the only other time you can think of Burrows in that kind of spot would be against Boston in the Stanley Cup finals and Burrows got away with biting Patrice Bergeron.
Here’s to hoping Burrows can keep his chompers to himself and stick to the old fashioned ways of being annoying by face-washing and scoring timely goals.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)