Feb 17, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
Back in January, Steve Moore’s lawyer, Tim Danson, argued that an Ontario court should know why Todd Bertuzzi had dropped his lawsuit against former Canucks coach Marc Crawford that alleged Crawford had encouraged Bertuzzi to seek retribution (which he did) against Moore on Mar. 8, 2004.
Danson also wanted to know why a counter-suit by the club against Bertuzzi was dropped.
“This agreement … is the hockey code in action,” Danson said in court. “It’s making sure that those on that side are making a united front against Mr. Moore.”
This week, the judge agreed with Danson.
A ruling from the Ontario Superior Court, dated Wednesday, said minutes of the meetings that led to the settlement, which were conducted over three days in July 2011, must be provided to Moore’s lawyers within eight days of the decision.
Moore’s multimillion-dollar lawsuit against Bertuzzi and the Canucks is set to begin in September.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 55
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 55
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal