Feb 17, 2012, 1:26 AM EDT
Upon hearing the Philadelphia Flyers’ vague report that Danny Briere has an upper-body injury, it was natural to wonder if it was a concussion.* CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker gives Flyers fans a reason to keep their glasses half-full: it’s a shoulder issue, not a head injury.
Briere already fought off a concussion earlier this season, so a recurring issue sounded awfully scary.
Of course, shoulder problems aren’t always a piece of cake, either. It’s not clear how serious that issue is, but much like Sidney Crosby‘s neck issues, the bright side is that the problem isn’t shadowy and scary as a head ailment often can be.
* – It’s kind of nice to see that reveal-nothing strategy backfire a bit every now and then, right?
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20