Feb 17, 2012, 1:26 AM EST
Upon hearing the Philadelphia Flyers’ vague report that Danny Briere has an upper-body injury, it was natural to wonder if it was a concussion.* CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker gives Flyers fans a reason to keep their glasses half-full: it’s a shoulder issue, not a head injury.
Briere already fought off a concussion earlier this season, so a recurring issue sounded awfully scary.
Of course, shoulder problems aren’t always a piece of cake, either. It’s not clear how serious that issue is, but much like Sidney Crosby‘s neck issues, the bright side is that the problem isn’t shadowy and scary as a head ailment often can be.
* – It’s kind of nice to see that reveal-nothing strategy backfire a bit every now and then, right?
- Trade: Rangers land Keith Yandle from Coyotes 4
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 19
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (131)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)