Feb 17, 2012, 1:26 AM EDT
Upon hearing the Philadelphia Flyers’ vague report that Danny Briere has an upper-body injury, it was natural to wonder if it was a concussion.* CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker gives Flyers fans a reason to keep their glasses half-full: it’s a shoulder issue, not a head injury.
Briere already fought off a concussion earlier this season, so a recurring issue sounded awfully scary.
Of course, shoulder problems aren’t always a piece of cake, either. It’s not clear how serious that issue is, but much like Sidney Crosby‘s neck issues, the bright side is that the problem isn’t shadowy and scary as a head ailment often can be.
* – It’s kind of nice to see that reveal-nothing strategy backfire a bit every now and then, right?
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 4
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 47
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 14
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)