Feb 17, 2012, 1:26 AM EDT
Upon hearing the Philadelphia Flyers’ vague report that Danny Briere has an upper-body injury, it was natural to wonder if it was a concussion.* CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker gives Flyers fans a reason to keep their glasses half-full: it’s a shoulder issue, not a head injury.
Briere already fought off a concussion earlier this season, so a recurring issue sounded awfully scary.
Of course, shoulder problems aren’t always a piece of cake, either. It’s not clear how serious that issue is, but much like Sidney Crosby‘s neck issues, the bright side is that the problem isn’t shadowy and scary as a head ailment often can be.
* – It’s kind of nice to see that reveal-nothing strategy backfire a bit every now and then, right?
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 5
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 14
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 11
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 17
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 48
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 13
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)