Feb 16, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens center Scott Gomez isn’t all that great at hockey anymore, but give him credit: he seemingly gives us a reason to laugh every other day. He’s also filthy rich.
Those factors came together in a delicious stew today as it was revealed that pop star Nick Jonas is renting a Gomez-owned apartment for the meager fee of $23,000 – per month. (Yes, that deserves italics.)
Designer Marc Jacobs also once inhabited the apartment, which means I’m unqualified to mock two-thirds of the famous people in this story.
According to the video from the Wall-Street Journal, the three-bedroom apartment has six TVs. You know what that must mean, right? Yup, there’s probably a flat screen in the bathroom. I guess Jonas and Gomez get the last laugh, then, huh? (Cries.)
The best part of the video – in my opinion – is when one of the pundits wonders how an NHL player can afford such an apartment. That’s gold, folks.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 0
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)