Feb 16, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens center Scott Gomez isn’t all that great at hockey anymore, but give him credit: he seemingly gives us a reason to laugh every other day. He’s also filthy rich.
Those factors came together in a delicious stew today as it was revealed that pop star Nick Jonas is renting a Gomez-owned apartment for the meager fee of $23,000 – per month. (Yes, that deserves italics.)
Designer Marc Jacobs also once inhabited the apartment, which means I’m unqualified to mock two-thirds of the famous people in this story.
According to the video from the Wall-Street Journal, the three-bedroom apartment has six TVs. You know what that must mean, right? Yup, there’s probably a flat screen in the bathroom. I guess Jonas and Gomez get the last laugh, then, huh? (Cries.)
The best part of the video – in my opinion – is when one of the pundits wonders how an NHL player can afford such an apartment. That’s gold, folks.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)