Feb 16, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens center Scott Gomez isn’t all that great at hockey anymore, but give him credit: he seemingly gives us a reason to laugh every other day. He’s also filthy rich.
Those factors came together in a delicious stew today as it was revealed that pop star Nick Jonas is renting a Gomez-owned apartment for the meager fee of $23,000 – per month. (Yes, that deserves italics.)
Designer Marc Jacobs also once inhabited the apartment, which means I’m unqualified to mock two-thirds of the famous people in this story.
According to the video from the Wall-Street Journal, the three-bedroom apartment has six TVs. You know what that must mean, right? Yup, there’s probably a flat screen in the bathroom. I guess Jonas and Gomez get the last laugh, then, huh? (Cries.)
The best part of the video – in my opinion – is when one of the pundits wonders how an NHL player can afford such an apartment. That’s gold, folks.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)