Feb 16, 2012, 11:53 AM EDT
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch gave Twitter a double shot of espresso this morning by reporting that Rick Nash, Jeff Carter and Fedor Tyutin weren’t on the ice at Blue Jackets practice. But before you race to conclusions, it doesn’t appear a trade is imminent, as general manager Scott Howson was there watching practice. And if Howson was at practice, it means he wasn’t putting the finishing touches on a deal, preparing for a press conference, or arranging Brandon Dubinsky’s transportation from the airport.
However, if a Nash trade were imminent, Portzline writes that the Bruins, Kings, Ranger, Sharks or Leafs are five clubs that “are believed to be on the approved list for Nash.” (It’s not clear whether those are the only teams.)
Portzline also reports that the Jackets “want at least one young roster player along with a combination of top prospects and quality draft picks.”
No specific mention of a goalie.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 47
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39