Feb 16, 2012, 11:53 AM EDT
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch gave Twitter a double shot of espresso this morning by reporting that Rick Nash, Jeff Carter and Fedor Tyutin weren’t on the ice at Blue Jackets practice. But before you race to conclusions, it doesn’t appear a trade is imminent, as general manager Scott Howson was there watching practice. And if Howson was at practice, it means he wasn’t putting the finishing touches on a deal, preparing for a press conference, or arranging Brandon Dubinsky’s transportation from the airport.
However, if a Nash trade were imminent, Portzline writes that the Bruins, Kings, Ranger, Sharks or Leafs are five clubs that “are believed to be on the approved list for Nash.” (It’s not clear whether those are the only teams.)
Portzline also reports that the Jackets “want at least one young roster player along with a combination of top prospects and quality draft picks.”
No specific mention of a goalie.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 0
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 13
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 18
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 15
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 50
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35