Feb 16, 2012, 11:53 AM EST
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch gave Twitter a double shot of espresso this morning by reporting that Rick Nash, Jeff Carter and Fedor Tyutin weren’t on the ice at Blue Jackets practice. But before you race to conclusions, it doesn’t appear a trade is imminent, as general manager Scott Howson was there watching practice. And if Howson was at practice, it means he wasn’t putting the finishing touches on a deal, preparing for a press conference, or arranging Brandon Dubinsky’s transportation from the airport.
However, if a Nash trade were imminent, Portzline writes that the Bruins, Kings, Ranger, Sharks or Leafs are five clubs that “are believed to be on the approved list for Nash.” (It’s not clear whether those are the only teams.)
Portzline also reports that the Jackets “want at least one young roster player along with a combination of top prospects and quality draft picks.”
No specific mention of a goalie.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32