Feb 16, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
No Jags, No Zata.
That’s the news of the day according to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio and MLive.com’s Ansar Khan. Panaccio reports Jaromir Jagr will miss tonight’s game with the flu while Khan notes Henrik Zetterberg won’t play Friday against Nashville due to an upper-body injury.
Jagr, who turned 40 on Wednesday, has been bothered by flu-like symptoms all week and stayed home from practice to get some rest. It’s believed a bug could be going through the Flyers room — Ilya Bryzgalov recently struggled with an unknown illness that cost him three games — so keeping Jagr away from the team makes sense.
Eric Wellwood was recalled from the AHL and will play in Jagr’s place.
As for Zetterberg — he and the Wings were closed-lipped about injury specifics, saying only that it occurred during Tuesday’s 3-1 win over Dallas. Zetterberg played the entire game against the Stars but noted his upper-body ailment worsened on Wednesday, the team’s day off.
“With an injury like that, you’re warm and in the game, I think it’s easier to keep playing,” Zetterberg said. “I kind of expected it was going to be worse the day after.”
Tomas Tatar has been recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins and will face the Preds on Friday.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 24
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 23
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)