Feb 16, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
No Jags, No Zata.
That’s the news of the day according to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio and MLive.com’s Ansar Khan. Panaccio reports Jaromir Jagr will miss tonight’s game with the flu while Khan notes Henrik Zetterberg won’t play Friday against Nashville due to an upper-body injury.
Jagr, who turned 40 on Wednesday, has been bothered by flu-like symptoms all week and stayed home from practice to get some rest. It’s believed a bug could be going through the Flyers room — Ilya Bryzgalov recently struggled with an unknown illness that cost him three games — so keeping Jagr away from the team makes sense.
Eric Wellwood was recalled from the AHL and will play in Jagr’s place.
As for Zetterberg — he and the Wings were closed-lipped about injury specifics, saying only that it occurred during Tuesday’s 3-1 win over Dallas. Zetterberg played the entire game against the Stars but noted his upper-body ailment worsened on Wednesday, the team’s day off.
“With an injury like that, you’re warm and in the game, I think it’s easier to keep playing,” Zetterberg said. “I kind of expected it was going to be worse the day after.”
Tomas Tatar has been recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins and will face the Preds on Friday.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)