Feb 16, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
No Jags, No Zata.
That’s the news of the day according to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio and MLive.com’s Ansar Khan. Panaccio reports Jaromir Jagr will miss tonight’s game with the flu while Khan notes Henrik Zetterberg won’t play Friday against Nashville due to an upper-body injury.
Jagr, who turned 40 on Wednesday, has been bothered by flu-like symptoms all week and stayed home from practice to get some rest. It’s believed a bug could be going through the Flyers room — Ilya Bryzgalov recently struggled with an unknown illness that cost him three games — so keeping Jagr away from the team makes sense.
Eric Wellwood was recalled from the AHL and will play in Jagr’s place.
As for Zetterberg — he and the Wings were closed-lipped about injury specifics, saying only that it occurred during Tuesday’s 3-1 win over Dallas. Zetterberg played the entire game against the Stars but noted his upper-body ailment worsened on Wednesday, the team’s day off.
“With an injury like that, you’re warm and in the game, I think it’s easier to keep playing,” Zetterberg said. “I kind of expected it was going to be worse the day after.”
Tomas Tatar has been recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins and will face the Preds on Friday.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 0
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 14
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)