Feb 16, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
No Jags, No Zata.
That’s the news of the day according to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio and MLive.com’s Ansar Khan. Panaccio reports Jaromir Jagr will miss tonight’s game with the flu while Khan notes Henrik Zetterberg won’t play Friday against Nashville due to an upper-body injury.
Jagr, who turned 40 on Wednesday, has been bothered by flu-like symptoms all week and stayed home from practice to get some rest. It’s believed a bug could be going through the Flyers room — Ilya Bryzgalov recently struggled with an unknown illness that cost him three games — so keeping Jagr away from the team makes sense.
Eric Wellwood was recalled from the AHL and will play in Jagr’s place.
As for Zetterberg — he and the Wings were closed-lipped about injury specifics, saying only that it occurred during Tuesday’s 3-1 win over Dallas. Zetterberg played the entire game against the Stars but noted his upper-body ailment worsened on Wednesday, the team’s day off.
“With an injury like that, you’re warm and in the game, I think it’s easier to keep playing,” Zetterberg said. “I kind of expected it was going to be worse the day after.”
Tomas Tatar has been recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins and will face the Preds on Friday.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35