Feb 16, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
Andy Strickland of The Fan 590 St. Louis and TrueHockey.com has a rather interesting spin on the chimerical Patrick Kane-for-Ryan Miller trade — you know, the one nobody wants to validate but has set the interweb on fire nonetheless.
In the article, Strickland brings up several key points.
–Jeremy Roenick’s comments that Chicago could “afford to get rid of” Kane weren’t pulled out of a hat:
There are some Blackhawk people who internally understand if they are to get the guy they want they would need to give up something big. I’m not suggesting they’re shopping Kane but these talks do tend to pop up around the office every now and then.
– Miller has lingering frustrations with Buffalo and would welcome a move:
Sources close to Miller confirm his frustration with the Sabres organization and tell me he’d waive his modified no-trade clause to go to Chicago.
I’ve heard the speculation that Miller would only accept a trade to Los Angeles or Anaheim so he could be closer to his actress wife Noureen DeWulf. I’m told this is completely untrue. Miller wants to win and he’s apparently open to go to a number of teams, not just those located in So Cal
Again, I’m told he’d jump at the opportunity to go to Chicago.
– The Sabres don’t appear to be on board:
The Sabres thought they had it figured out last summer once owner Terry Pegula took over the franchise. They thought they could buy their way into contending for a Stanley Cup and it appears they’re taking a step backwards. Sources close to the organization tell me they aren’t looking to rebuild but are looking to re-scale their roster.
Sources say Miller has not been approached by the organization regarding a potential trade.
So there you have it.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)