Feb 16, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
Andy Strickland of The Fan 590 St. Louis and TrueHockey.com has a rather interesting spin on the chimerical Patrick Kane-for-Ryan Miller trade — you know, the one nobody wants to validate but has set the interweb on fire nonetheless.
In the article, Strickland brings up several key points.
–Jeremy Roenick’s comments that Chicago could “afford to get rid of” Kane weren’t pulled out of a hat:
There are some Blackhawk people who internally understand if they are to get the guy they want they would need to give up something big. I’m not suggesting they’re shopping Kane but these talks do tend to pop up around the office every now and then.
— Miller has lingering frustrations with Buffalo and would welcome a move:
Sources close to Miller confirm his frustration with the Sabres organization and tell me he’d waive his modified no-trade clause to go to Chicago.
I’ve heard the speculation that Miller would only accept a trade to Los Angeles or Anaheim so he could be closer to his actress wife Noureen DeWulf. I’m told this is completely untrue. Miller wants to win and he’s apparently open to go to a number of teams, not just those located in So Cal
Again, I’m told he’d jump at the opportunity to go to Chicago.
— The Sabres don’t appear to be on board:
The Sabres thought they had it figured out last summer once owner Terry Pegula took over the franchise. They thought they could buy their way into contending for a Stanley Cup and it appears they’re taking a step backwards. Sources close to the organization tell me they aren’t looking to rebuild but are looking to re-scale their roster.
Sources say Miller has not been approached by the organization regarding a potential trade.
So there you have it.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32