Feb 16, 2012, 11:31 PM EST
Claude Giroux is the No. 1 reason the Philadelphia Flyers decided to part ways with previous franchise centers Mike Richards and Jeff Carter, but Danny Briere‘s potent playoff performances probably played a role in those decisions, too.
As great as he’s been in spurts with the Flyers, Briere is quickly entering the “Great when healthy” club. (In case you’re wondering, Marian Gaborik is the president.)
Briere already missed several games with a concussion and the worry is that he’s dealing with those problems once again. The Flyers list tonight’s ailment as an upper-body issue, but that reading doesn’t do much to soothe worries that he’s dealing with another head injury.
Philly still rampaged over Briere’s former team, pounding the Buffalo Sabres 7-2 after falling behind 2-0.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 14
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 29
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)