Feb 16, 2012, 11:31 PM EDT
Claude Giroux is the No. 1 reason the Philadelphia Flyers decided to part ways with previous franchise centers Mike Richards and Jeff Carter, but Danny Briere‘s potent playoff performances probably played a role in those decisions, too.
As great as he’s been in spurts with the Flyers, Briere is quickly entering the “Great when healthy” club. (In case you’re wondering, Marian Gaborik is the president.)
Briere already missed several games with a concussion and the worry is that he’s dealing with those problems once again. The Flyers list tonight’s ailment as an upper-body issue, but that reading doesn’t do much to soothe worries that he’s dealing with another head injury.
Philly still rampaged over Briere’s former team, pounding the Buffalo Sabres 7-2 after falling behind 2-0.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)