Feb 16, 2012, 11:31 PM EDT
Claude Giroux is the No. 1 reason the Philadelphia Flyers decided to part ways with previous franchise centers Mike Richards and Jeff Carter, but Danny Briere‘s potent playoff performances probably played a role in those decisions, too.
As great as he’s been in spurts with the Flyers, Briere is quickly entering the “Great when healthy” club. (In case you’re wondering, Marian Gaborik is the president.)
Briere already missed several games with a concussion and the worry is that he’s dealing with those problems once again. The Flyers list tonight’s ailment as an upper-body issue, but that reading doesn’t do much to soothe worries that he’s dealing with another head injury.
Philly still rampaged over Briere’s former team, pounding the Buffalo Sabres 7-2 after falling behind 2-0.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)