Feb 16, 2012, 11:31 PM EDT
Claude Giroux is the No. 1 reason the Philadelphia Flyers decided to part ways with previous franchise centers Mike Richards and Jeff Carter, but Danny Briere‘s potent playoff performances probably played a role in those decisions, too.
As great as he’s been in spurts with the Flyers, Briere is quickly entering the “Great when healthy” club. (In case you’re wondering, Marian Gaborik is the president.)
Briere already missed several games with a concussion and the worry is that he’s dealing with those problems once again. The Flyers list tonight’s ailment as an upper-body issue, but that reading doesn’t do much to soothe worries that he’s dealing with another head injury.
Philly still rampaged over Briere’s former team, pounding the Buffalo Sabres 7-2 after falling behind 2-0.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)