Feb 16, 2012, 12:27 PM EST
Another day, another trade deadline target off the list.
This time, it’s disgruntled Washington forward Mike Knuble. A healthy scratch for the last three games, Knuble has publicly (and repeatedly) voiced displeasure with his reduced role under head coach Dale Hunter — but apparently hasn’t asked Caps GM George McPhee to be dealt.
Which is good, because McPhee has no intention of dealing him.
“Mike has never asked for anything,” McPhee told CSN Washington. “We haven’t had any conversations, period. He’s a great pro, a great guy and we have no interest in trading him. He hasn’t asked for that and we haven’t talked to him about it.”
So that’s that, then.
Looking ahead, McPhee said he expects Knuble to rejoin the Caps lineup on Friday in Florida and hopes the benching will have done his 39-year-old assistant captain some good.
“Sometimes the best thing you can do for a player is to sit him down for a couple games,” McPhee said. “I think it’s healthy for players to sit down, get a fresh perspective and they’re almost always better when they come back.”
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 31
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 65
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)