Feb 16, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
In a contentious game that seemed to ignore the significant standings gulf between the two teams, the Boston Bruins shook off a sloppy third period to gain a 4-3 shootout win against the Montreal Canadiens.
There’s all sorts of interesting videos for your perusal, so let’s start with the two squads renewing the rivalry:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
One of the underlying stories of the game was the unusual amount of goalie interference calls, which included twoon the same play in the second period. Enjoy this discussion of how the polarizing penalty is being handled:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Finally, here’s an interesting explanation of Thomas’ great shootout work from the goalie himself:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 25
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)