Feb 16, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
In a contentious game that seemed to ignore the significant standings gulf between the two teams, the Boston Bruins shook off a sloppy third period to gain a 4-3 shootout win against the Montreal Canadiens.
There’s all sorts of interesting videos for your perusal, so let’s start with the two squads renewing the rivalry:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
One of the underlying stories of the game was the unusual amount of goalie interference calls, which included twoon the same play in the second period. Enjoy this discussion of how the polarizing penalty is being handled:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Finally, here’s an interesting explanation of Thomas’ great shootout work from the goalie himself:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)