Feb 16, 2012, 7:00 AM EST
The NHL hit Boston Bruins troublemaker Brad Marchand pretty hard for clipping Sami Salo earlier this season, making him sit five games. That reason alone justifies the attention that Marchand’s most recent run-in with Alexei Emelin is receiving:
The optics on this one fail to make the same impact as the low blow on Salo, but to some, it’s evidence that Marchand didn’t “learn” from sitting in time out last time. Speaking of hits that involved Marchand, Paul Chiasson of The Associated Press blessed us all with this shot of his collision with P.K. Subban:
In case it matters to you, Marchand received a two-minute minor for his behavior during the game, which didn’t stop Boston from winning 4-3 via a shootout.
Of course, there will certainly be those (plenty of Bruins fans, one might guess) who see nothing wrong with what Marchand did, so where do you stand on the clipping incident? Let us know what kind of punishment – if any – Marchand should receive.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 19
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5