Feb 16, 2012, 7:00 AM EDT
The NHL hit Boston Bruins troublemaker Brad Marchand pretty hard for clipping Sami Salo earlier this season, making him sit five games. That reason alone justifies the attention that Marchand’s most recent run-in with Alexei Emelin is receiving:
The optics on this one fail to make the same impact as the low blow on Salo, but to some, it’s evidence that Marchand didn’t “learn” from sitting in time out last time. Speaking of hits that involved Marchand, Paul Chiasson of The Associated Press blessed us all with this shot of his collision with P.K. Subban:
In case it matters to you, Marchand received a two-minute minor for his behavior during the game, which didn’t stop Boston from winning 4-3 via a shootout.
Of course, there will certainly be those (plenty of Bruins fans, one might guess) who see nothing wrong with what Marchand did, so where do you stand on the clipping incident? Let us know what kind of punishment – if any – Marchand should receive.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54