Feb 16, 2012, 7:00 AM EDT
The NHL hit Boston Bruins troublemaker Brad Marchand pretty hard for clipping Sami Salo earlier this season, making him sit five games. That reason alone justifies the attention that Marchand’s most recent run-in with Alexei Emelin is receiving:
The optics on this one fail to make the same impact as the low blow on Salo, but to some, it’s evidence that Marchand didn’t “learn” from sitting in time out last time. Speaking of hits that involved Marchand, Paul Chiasson of The Associated Press blessed us all with this shot of his collision with P.K. Subban:
In case it matters to you, Marchand received a two-minute minor for his behavior during the game, which didn’t stop Boston from winning 4-3 via a shootout.
Of course, there will certainly be those (plenty of Bruins fans, one might guess) who see nothing wrong with what Marchand did, so where do you stand on the clipping incident? Let us know what kind of punishment – if any – Marchand should receive.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5