Feb 16, 2012, 5:14 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks continue to be active in the “trading minor-leaguers” market.
Today, the Ducks flipped defenseman Bryan Rodney to Edmonton in exchange for center Ryan O’Marra. Rodney’s played exclusively with AHL Syracuse since coming over from Carolina in the offseason (he did play 33 games for the ‘Canes) while O’Marra has spent the majority of his season in AHL Oklahoma City, appearing in just seven NHL contests with the Oilers.
This is the third minor-league swap Anaheim’s pulled off recently. In January, the Ducks sent Nicolas Deschamps to Toronto in exchange for Luca Caputi and on Monday, sent forward Maxime Macenauer to Winnipeg for Riley Holzapfel.
It’ll be interesting to see what the Ducks do with 24-year-old O’Marra. He was taken 15th overall by the Islanders at the 2005 NHL Entry Draft and part of the blockbuster deal (along with 2003 first-round pick Robert Nilsson) that saw Ryan Smyth go from Edmonton to Long Island.
O’Marra was once thought to be part of the Oilers’ rebuilding project, but only appeared in 31 games over three seasons with the club.
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 0
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 19
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 48
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control