Feb 16, 2012, 5:14 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks continue to be active in the “trading minor-leaguers” market.
Today, the Ducks flipped defenseman Bryan Rodney to Edmonton in exchange for center Ryan O’Marra. Rodney’s played exclusively with AHL Syracuse since coming over from Carolina in the offseason (he did play 33 games for the ‘Canes) while O’Marra has spent the majority of his season in AHL Oklahoma City, appearing in just seven NHL contests with the Oilers.
This is the third minor-league swap Anaheim’s pulled off recently. In January, the Ducks sent Nicolas Deschamps to Toronto in exchange for Luca Caputi and on Monday, sent forward Maxime Macenauer to Winnipeg for Riley Holzapfel.
It’ll be interesting to see what the Ducks do with 24-year-old O’Marra. He was taken 15th overall by the Islanders at the 2005 NHL Entry Draft and part of the blockbuster deal (along with 2003 first-round pick Robert Nilsson) that saw Ryan Smyth go from Edmonton to Long Island.
O’Marra was once thought to be part of the Oilers’ rebuilding project, but only appeared in 31 games over three seasons with the club.
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 10
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 18
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 62
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)