Feb 15, 2012, 10:48 AM EDT
After the bombshell dropped yesterday that the Columbus Blue Jackets are listening to offers for Rick Nash followed up by the news that Nash has given GM Scott Howson a list of teams he’d waive his no-movement clause for, everyone is wondering just where he’d want to go.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch wrote about the ever-increasingly fascinating situation surrounding Nash and dropped the name of a few teams strongly believed to be on Nash’s list of up to ten teams he’d accept a trade to.
Among the clubs believed to be interested are the New York Rangers, Los Angeles, San Jose, Toronto and Montreal.
The Rangers are reportedly more than interested and the Kings and Maple Leafs being on this list aren’t shocking. Seeing the Sharks and Canadiens is surprising.
Nash had great chemistry with Joe Thornton when they played together in the Olympics as well as in Switzerland during the lockout season in 2004-2005. San Jose would have to find a way to move out a lot of salary to land Nash; Cap Geek shows the Sharks have over $55 million already committed to next year’s payroll.
Montreal is a curious pick because of the tumultuous times there recently thanks to GM Pierre Gauthier being on the hot seat and interim coach Randy Cunneyworth being put through the language wringer.
This is only the start of the swelling Nash trade speculation insanity. Expect more teams with serious interest to become known leading up to the trade deadline on February 27.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)