Feb 15, 2012, 10:48 AM EDT
After the bombshell dropped yesterday that the Columbus Blue Jackets are listening to offers for Rick Nash followed up by the news that Nash has given GM Scott Howson a list of teams he’d waive his no-movement clause for, everyone is wondering just where he’d want to go.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch wrote about the ever-increasingly fascinating situation surrounding Nash and dropped the name of a few teams strongly believed to be on Nash’s list of up to ten teams he’d accept a trade to.
Among the clubs believed to be interested are the New York Rangers, Los Angeles, San Jose, Toronto and Montreal.
The Rangers are reportedly more than interested and the Kings and Maple Leafs being on this list aren’t shocking. Seeing the Sharks and Canadiens is surprising.
Nash had great chemistry with Joe Thornton when they played together in the Olympics as well as in Switzerland during the lockout season in 2004-2005. San Jose would have to find a way to move out a lot of salary to land Nash; Cap Geek shows the Sharks have over $55 million already committed to next year’s payroll.
Montreal is a curious pick because of the tumultuous times there recently thanks to GM Pierre Gauthier being on the hot seat and interim coach Randy Cunneyworth being put through the language wringer.
This is only the start of the swelling Nash trade speculation insanity. Expect more teams with serious interest to become known leading up to the trade deadline on February 27.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)