Feb 15, 2012, 10:48 AM EST
After the bombshell dropped yesterday that the Columbus Blue Jackets are listening to offers for Rick Nash followed up by the news that Nash has given GM Scott Howson a list of teams he’d waive his no-movement clause for, everyone is wondering just where he’d want to go.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch wrote about the ever-increasingly fascinating situation surrounding Nash and dropped the name of a few teams strongly believed to be on Nash’s list of up to ten teams he’d accept a trade to.
Among the clubs believed to be interested are the New York Rangers, Los Angeles, San Jose, Toronto and Montreal.
The Rangers are reportedly more than interested and the Kings and Maple Leafs being on this list aren’t shocking. Seeing the Sharks and Canadiens is surprising.
Nash had great chemistry with Joe Thornton when they played together in the Olympics as well as in Switzerland during the lockout season in 2004-2005. San Jose would have to find a way to move out a lot of salary to land Nash; Cap Geek shows the Sharks have over $55 million already committed to next year’s payroll.
Montreal is a curious pick because of the tumultuous times there recently thanks to GM Pierre Gauthier being on the hot seat and interim coach Randy Cunneyworth being put through the language wringer.
This is only the start of the swelling Nash trade speculation insanity. Expect more teams with serious interest to become known leading up to the trade deadline on February 27.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 7
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2