Feb 15, 2012, 1:09 PM EST
Mike Knuble‘s days in Washington of late have been pretty sad ones. After starting the year on the Capitals’ top line, he’s been a healthy scratch for the last three games and trade talk has been following him around because of it.
During today’s practice, however, CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports that Knuble skated on the second line with Brooks Laich and most-of-the-time defenseman Roman Hamrlik. It’s an upgrade for Knuble considering where he was before trading off spots in line rushes with other fourth liners.
As for all the talk about whether he’ll be traded or not, Gormley gets a line from Knuble that seems loaded with feelings for how fun things are in Washington. When asked about the speculation, Knuble said, “I just want it to end.”
When you’re 39-years-old and the veteran leader of a struggling team and you’ve been made an example of by coach Dale Hunter, you too might want a decision to be made one way or another on your future. Either Knuble gets back in the lineup and helps the Caps turn things around or he’s going to be spun off elsewhere to be a Stanley Cup contender’s veteran leader.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)