Feb 15, 2012, 1:09 PM EST
Mike Knuble‘s days in Washington of late have been pretty sad ones. After starting the year on the Capitals’ top line, he’s been a healthy scratch for the last three games and trade talk has been following him around because of it.
During today’s practice, however, CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports that Knuble skated on the second line with Brooks Laich and most-of-the-time defenseman Roman Hamrlik. It’s an upgrade for Knuble considering where he was before trading off spots in line rushes with other fourth liners.
As for all the talk about whether he’ll be traded or not, Gormley gets a line from Knuble that seems loaded with feelings for how fun things are in Washington. When asked about the speculation, Knuble said, “I just want it to end.”
When you’re 39-years-old and the veteran leader of a struggling team and you’ve been made an example of by coach Dale Hunter, you too might want a decision to be made one way or another on your future. Either Knuble gets back in the lineup and helps the Caps turn things around or he’s going to be spun off elsewhere to be a Stanley Cup contender’s veteran leader.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 48
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (50)