Feb 15, 2012, 1:09 PM EST
Mike Knuble‘s days in Washington of late have been pretty sad ones. After starting the year on the Capitals’ top line, he’s been a healthy scratch for the last three games and trade talk has been following him around because of it.
During today’s practice, however, CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports that Knuble skated on the second line with Brooks Laich and most-of-the-time defenseman Roman Hamrlik. It’s an upgrade for Knuble considering where he was before trading off spots in line rushes with other fourth liners.
As for all the talk about whether he’ll be traded or not, Gormley gets a line from Knuble that seems loaded with feelings for how fun things are in Washington. When asked about the speculation, Knuble said, “I just want it to end.”
When you’re 39-years-old and the veteran leader of a struggling team and you’ve been made an example of by coach Dale Hunter, you too might want a decision to be made one way or another on your future. Either Knuble gets back in the lineup and helps the Caps turn things around or he’s going to be spun off elsewhere to be a Stanley Cup contender’s veteran leader.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)