Feb 15, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
Mike Knuble‘s days in Washington of late have been pretty sad ones. After starting the year on the Capitals’ top line, he’s been a healthy scratch for the last three games and trade talk has been following him around because of it.
During today’s practice, however, CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports that Knuble skated on the second line with Brooks Laich and most-of-the-time defenseman Roman Hamrlik. It’s an upgrade for Knuble considering where he was before trading off spots in line rushes with other fourth liners.
As for all the talk about whether he’ll be traded or not, Gormley gets a line from Knuble that seems loaded with feelings for how fun things are in Washington. When asked about the speculation, Knuble said, “I just want it to end.”
When you’re 39-years-old and the veteran leader of a struggling team and you’ve been made an example of by coach Dale Hunter, you too might want a decision to be made one way or another on your future. Either Knuble gets back in the lineup and helps the Caps turn things around or he’s going to be spun off elsewhere to be a Stanley Cup contender’s veteran leader.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 26
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 59
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22