Feb 15, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
Mike Knuble‘s days in Washington of late have been pretty sad ones. After starting the year on the Capitals’ top line, he’s been a healthy scratch for the last three games and trade talk has been following him around because of it.
During today’s practice, however, CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports that Knuble skated on the second line with Brooks Laich and most-of-the-time defenseman Roman Hamrlik. It’s an upgrade for Knuble considering where he was before trading off spots in line rushes with other fourth liners.
As for all the talk about whether he’ll be traded or not, Gormley gets a line from Knuble that seems loaded with feelings for how fun things are in Washington. When asked about the speculation, Knuble said, “I just want it to end.”
When you’re 39-years-old and the veteran leader of a struggling team and you’ve been made an example of by coach Dale Hunter, you too might want a decision to be made one way or another on your future. Either Knuble gets back in the lineup and helps the Caps turn things around or he’s going to be spun off elsewhere to be a Stanley Cup contender’s veteran leader.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)