Feb 15, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
The good people at Bovada have posted odds on where Columbus captain Rick Nash will end up after the Feb. 27 trade deadline.
A few thoughts:
—- There are obviously valid reasons to believe the Rangers won’t get Nash prior to the deadline, like how it would affect team chemistry and the fact Glen Sather doesn’t have a blue-chip goalie prospect to offer in return. But who says the Jackets have to get their goalie upgrade through a Nash deal? There are other ways to get that done.
—- The Bruins will have the same chemistry concerns as the Rangers. They also won’t want to deal Tuukka Rask, who’s the future in goal. Nor will they want to deal Dougie Hamilton, the future on the blue line. That said, RW Nathan Horton is out indefinitely with a concussion and Boston has the cap space.
—- The Leafs (11/2) are a potential match given they need size up front, Nash grew up cheering for them, and money is no object. But what could Brian Burke send in return? Nazem Kadri? Luke Schenn? Yes, he could. Easily. You see what I’m getting at.
—- If you believe what Elliott Friedman concluded today – that a Nash trade is more likely to happen over the summer – you should be all over “any other team” (5/1), since that would include Columbus. I’m actually wondering if that was an oversight, unless Bovada knows something we don’t.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8