Feb 15, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
The good people at Bovada have posted odds on where Columbus captain Rick Nash will end up after the Feb. 27 trade deadline.
A few thoughts:
—- There are obviously valid reasons to believe the Rangers won’t get Nash prior to the deadline, like how it would affect team chemistry and the fact Glen Sather doesn’t have a blue-chip goalie prospect to offer in return. But who says the Jackets have to get their goalie upgrade through a Nash deal? There are other ways to get that done.
—- The Bruins will have the same chemistry concerns as the Rangers. They also won’t want to deal Tuukka Rask, who’s the future in goal. Nor will they want to deal Dougie Hamilton, the future on the blue line. That said, RW Nathan Horton is out indefinitely with a concussion and Boston has the cap space.
—- The Leafs (11/2) are a potential match given they need size up front, Nash grew up cheering for them, and money is no object. But what could Brian Burke send in return? Nazem Kadri? Luke Schenn? Yes, he could. Easily. You see what I’m getting at.
—- If you believe what Elliott Friedman concluded today – that a Nash trade is more likely to happen over the summer – you should be all over “any other team” (5/1), since that would include Columbus. I’m actually wondering if that was an oversight, unless Bovada knows something we don’t.
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 5
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 8
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 59
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination