Feb 15, 2012, 2:29 PM EDT
Don’t let the face fool you – Jeff Skinner isn’t afraid to chuck knuckles. Even, as we learned today, with a Hurricanes teammate.
Teammates quickly separated the two (presumably while trying not to laugh), after which Skinner and Dwyer apologized to each other.
“It’s not because I don’t like him,” Skinner said. “Everything’s all right. It’s just a tough drill there at the end. It’s not something you want to do every practice but it happens every once in a while. You don’t look for it but sometimes it happens.
“I maybe could have reacted a little differently but he’s a competitive guy.”
Both Skinner and Dwyer added the obligatory “this just shows we care” comments, and that was that.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)