Feb 15, 2012, 2:29 PM EDT
Don’t let the face fool you – Jeff Skinner isn’t afraid to chuck knuckles. Even, as we learned today, with a Hurricanes teammate.
Teammates quickly separated the two (presumably while trying not to laugh), after which Skinner and Dwyer apologized to each other.
“It’s not because I don’t like him,” Skinner said. “Everything’s all right. It’s just a tough drill there at the end. It’s not something you want to do every practice but it happens every once in a while. You don’t look for it but sometimes it happens.
“I maybe could have reacted a little differently but he’s a competitive guy.”
Both Skinner and Dwyer added the obligatory “this just shows we care” comments, and that was that.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)