Feb 15, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
In case you haven’t read it already, Elliott Friedman has a good piece on Rick Nash over at CBC.ca that we thought you might enjoy.
To be brief, Friedman concludes after speaking to some GMs and execs that a trade will definitely happen, but it’s more likely to go down over the summer.
“You can’t go back now,” one GM said. But he and others believe the deal won’t get done until the draft.
While it’ll be painful to have this drag, it’s probably for the best. Only one team is going to get Zach Parise, which will make Nash an even hotter commodity. Maybe another team makes a run and appeals to him. The trade contenders will have time to work their budgets/cap space.
And for all you Philly fans out there, the following sentence is found in the article: “There are a lot of teams who think this has Flyers written all over it.”
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)