Feb 15, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
In case you haven’t read it already, Elliott Friedman has a good piece on Rick Nash over at CBC.ca that we thought you might enjoy.
To be brief, Friedman concludes after speaking to some GMs and execs that a trade will definitely happen, but it’s more likely to go down over the summer.
“You can’t go back now,” one GM said. But he and others believe the deal won’t get done until the draft.
While it’ll be painful to have this drag, it’s probably for the best. Only one team is going to get Zach Parise, which will make Nash an even hotter commodity. Maybe another team makes a run and appeals to him. The trade contenders will have time to work their budgets/cap space.
And for all you Philly fans out there, the following sentence is found in the article: “There are a lot of teams who think this has Flyers written all over it.”
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)