Feb 15, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
In case you haven’t read it already, Elliott Friedman has a good piece on Rick Nash over at CBC.ca that we thought you might enjoy.
To be brief, Friedman concludes after speaking to some GMs and execs that a trade will definitely happen, but it’s more likely to go down over the summer.
“You can’t go back now,” one GM said. But he and others believe the deal won’t get done until the draft.
While it’ll be painful to have this drag, it’s probably for the best. Only one team is going to get Zach Parise, which will make Nash an even hotter commodity. Maybe another team makes a run and appeals to him. The trade contenders will have time to work their budgets/cap space.
And for all you Philly fans out there, the following sentence is found in the article: “There are a lot of teams who think this has Flyers written all over it.”
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)