Feb 15, 2012, 12:21 AM EDT
If you take context out of the equation, to the Anaheim Ducks should’ve been the bummer team in their matchup against the Minnesota Wild.
Context – and by extension, momentum – is quite relevant in sports, though, so it was clear as day that the two teams are going in opposite directions. It seemed like the Wild had a shot to nurse a 1-0 victory out of Feb. 14’s match but Corey Perry had other plans, powering the Ducks to a 2-1 win.
Here are the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Check out Perry’s interview:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 6
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)