Feb 15, 2012, 12:21 AM EDT
If you take context out of the equation, to the Anaheim Ducks should’ve been the bummer team in their matchup against the Minnesota Wild.
Context – and by extension, momentum – is quite relevant in sports, though, so it was clear as day that the two teams are going in opposite directions. It seemed like the Wild had a shot to nurse a 1-0 victory out of Feb. 14’s match but Corey Perry had other plans, powering the Ducks to a 2-1 win.
Here are the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Check out Perry’s interview:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 20
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 26
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 97
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)