Feb 15, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
God bless anonymous player polls. Not only do bloggers get to post the results, we get to post the reactions to said results. If we’re lucky, we even get to post a reaction to said reaction to said results. But we’ll cross that bridge if we get to it.
The most recent poll, courtesy Sports Illustrated, asked which all-star-caliber player was the easiest to intimidate. The winner (loser?) was Leafs sniper Phil Kessel, who was followed by Vancouver’s Sedin twins, Daniel and Henrik.
Predictably Daniel Sedin was asked today about the poll, and guess what – he didn’t think much of it.
“So we weren’t first? That’s good,” he joked before telling reporters what he really thinks. “I’ve never been a big fan of [these polls]. We had one of those from CBC, too, and I think everyone threw it in the garbage. I think that’s the way to do it. If you’re going to say something, at least stand for it and show your face. I’ve been asked to participate in anonymous polls but I would never do it. You can have your opinions but, at least, stand for them. That’s my opinion.”
Instead of throwing them in the trash, I’d just answer the complete opposite to what I think. Easiest to intimidate? Shawn Thornton. Best skater? Shawn Thornton.
Actually I’d just answer Shawn Thornton to every question, and get my teammates to do the same thing.
“In the latest anonymous players poll, Mike Babcock, Barry Trotz, and Shawn Thornton were voted best coaches in the NHL.”
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)