Feb 15, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
God bless anonymous player polls. Not only do bloggers get to post the results, we get to post the reactions to said results. If we’re lucky, we even get to post a reaction to said reaction to said results. But we’ll cross that bridge if we get to it.
The most recent poll, courtesy Sports Illustrated, asked which all-star-caliber player was the easiest to intimidate. The winner (loser?) was Leafs sniper Phil Kessel, who was followed by Vancouver’s Sedin twins, Daniel and Henrik.
Predictably Daniel Sedin was asked today about the poll, and guess what – he didn’t think much of it.
“So we weren’t first? That’s good,” he joked before telling reporters what he really thinks. “I’ve never been a big fan of [these polls]. We had one of those from CBC, too, and I think everyone threw it in the garbage. I think that’s the way to do it. If you’re going to say something, at least stand for it and show your face. I’ve been asked to participate in anonymous polls but I would never do it. You can have your opinions but, at least, stand for them. That’s my opinion.”
Instead of throwing them in the trash, I’d just answer the complete opposite to what I think. Easiest to intimidate? Shawn Thornton. Best skater? Shawn Thornton.
Actually I’d just answer Shawn Thornton to every question, and get my teammates to do the same thing.
“In the latest anonymous players poll, Mike Babcock, Barry Trotz, and Shawn Thornton were voted best coaches in the NHL.”
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47