Feb 15, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
God bless anonymous player polls. Not only do bloggers get to post the results, we get to post the reactions to said results. If we’re lucky, we even get to post a reaction to said reaction to said results. But we’ll cross that bridge if we get to it.
The most recent poll, courtesy Sports Illustrated, asked which all-star-caliber player was the easiest to intimidate. The winner (loser?) was Leafs sniper Phil Kessel, who was followed by Vancouver’s Sedin twins, Daniel and Henrik.
Predictably Daniel Sedin was asked today about the poll, and guess what – he didn’t think much of it.
“So we weren’t first? That’s good,” he joked before telling reporters what he really thinks. “I’ve never been a big fan of [these polls]. We had one of those from CBC, too, and I think everyone threw it in the garbage. I think that’s the way to do it. If you’re going to say something, at least stand for it and show your face. I’ve been asked to participate in anonymous polls but I would never do it. You can have your opinions but, at least, stand for them. That’s my opinion.”
Instead of throwing them in the trash, I’d just answer the complete opposite to what I think. Easiest to intimidate? Shawn Thornton. Best skater? Shawn Thornton.
Actually I’d just answer Shawn Thornton to every question, and get my teammates to do the same thing.
“In the latest anonymous players poll, Mike Babcock, Barry Trotz, and Shawn Thornton were voted best coaches in the NHL.”
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 22
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)