Feb 15, 2012, 6:15 PM EST
God bless anonymous player polls. Not only do bloggers get to post the results, we get to post the reactions to said results. If we’re lucky, we even get to post a reaction to said reaction to said results. But we’ll cross that bridge if we get to it.
The most recent poll, courtesy Sports Illustrated, asked which all-star-caliber player was the easiest to intimidate. The winner (loser?) was Leafs sniper Phil Kessel, who was followed by Vancouver’s Sedin twins, Daniel and Henrik.
Predictably Daniel Sedin was asked today about the poll, and guess what – he didn’t think much of it.
“So we weren’t first? That’s good,” he joked before telling reporters what he really thinks. “I’ve never been a big fan of [these polls]. We had one of those from CBC, too, and I think everyone threw it in the garbage. I think that’s the way to do it. If you’re going to say something, at least stand for it and show your face. I’ve been asked to participate in anonymous polls but I would never do it. You can have your opinions but, at least, stand for them. That’s my opinion.”
Instead of throwing them in the trash, I’d just answer the complete opposite to what I think. Easiest to intimidate? Shawn Thornton. Best skater? Shawn Thornton.
Actually I’d just answer Shawn Thornton to every question, and get my teammates to do the same thing.
“In the latest anonymous players poll, Mike Babcock, Barry Trotz, and Shawn Thornton were voted best coaches in the NHL.”
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 0
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 13
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10