Feb 15, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
God bless anonymous player polls. Not only do bloggers get to post the results, we get to post the reactions to said results. If we’re lucky, we even get to post a reaction to said reaction to said results. But we’ll cross that bridge if we get to it.
The most recent poll, courtesy Sports Illustrated, asked which all-star-caliber player was the easiest to intimidate. The winner (loser?) was Leafs sniper Phil Kessel, who was followed by Vancouver’s Sedin twins, Daniel and Henrik.
Predictably Daniel Sedin was asked today about the poll, and guess what – he didn’t think much of it.
“So we weren’t first? That’s good,” he joked before telling reporters what he really thinks. “I’ve never been a big fan of [these polls]. We had one of those from CBC, too, and I think everyone threw it in the garbage. I think that’s the way to do it. If you’re going to say something, at least stand for it and show your face. I’ve been asked to participate in anonymous polls but I would never do it. You can have your opinions but, at least, stand for them. That’s my opinion.”
Instead of throwing them in the trash, I’d just answer the complete opposite to what I think. Easiest to intimidate? Shawn Thornton. Best skater? Shawn Thornton.
Actually I’d just answer Shawn Thornton to every question, and get my teammates to do the same thing.
“In the latest anonymous players poll, Mike Babcock, Barry Trotz, and Shawn Thornton were voted best coaches in the NHL.”
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 3
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 10
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 8
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 51
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury