Feb 15, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
Joel Quenneville flipped his goalie coin today and Corey Crawford will be in net tomorrow for the Blackhawks versus the Rangers.
No truth to the rumor Coach Q kept flipping the coin hoping it would somehow say Evgeni Nabokov was starting.
Crawford gets the nod on the road against the NHL’s first overall team (hey, good luck with that) after Ray Emery allowed a late softie last night in Nashville and the ‘Hawks dropped their ninth straight, 3-2 to the Predators.
“That’s one I really want to stop,” Emery said of Ryan Ellis’ game-winner that tipped ever so slightly off Duncan Keith’s stick. “It just hits off the defenseman. You’ve got to stop the trend somewhere. I’ve really got to stop that.”
Crawford’s last win came almost a month ago – since then, he’s made five starts, surrendered 19 goals, and been yanked twice.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)