Feb 15, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
Joel Quenneville flipped his goalie coin today and Corey Crawford will be in net tomorrow for the Blackhawks versus the Rangers.
No truth to the rumor Coach Q kept flipping the coin hoping it would somehow say Evgeni Nabokov was starting.
Crawford gets the nod on the road against the NHL’s first overall team (hey, good luck with that) after Ray Emery allowed a late softie last night in Nashville and the ‘Hawks dropped their ninth straight, 3-2 to the Predators.
“That’s one I really want to stop,” Emery said of Ryan Ellis’ game-winner that tipped ever so slightly off Duncan Keith’s stick. “It just hits off the defenseman. You’ve got to stop the trend somewhere. I’ve really got to stop that.”
Crawford’s last win came almost a month ago – since then, he’s made five starts, surrendered 19 goals, and been yanked twice.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38