Feb 15, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
Joel Quenneville flipped his goalie coin today and Corey Crawford will be in net tomorrow for the Blackhawks versus the Rangers.
No truth to the rumor Coach Q kept flipping the coin hoping it would somehow say Evgeni Nabokov was starting.
Crawford gets the nod on the road against the NHL’s first overall team (hey, good luck with that) after Ray Emery allowed a late softie last night in Nashville and the ‘Hawks dropped their ninth straight, 3-2 to the Predators.
“That’s one I really want to stop,” Emery said of Ryan Ellis’ game-winner that tipped ever so slightly off Duncan Keith’s stick. “It just hits off the defenseman. You’ve got to stop the trend somewhere. I’ve really got to stop that.”
Crawford’s last win came almost a month ago – since then, he’s made five starts, surrendered 19 goals, and been yanked twice.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)