Feb 15, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
Joel Quenneville flipped his goalie coin today and Corey Crawford will be in net tomorrow for the Blackhawks versus the Rangers.
No truth to the rumor Coach Q kept flipping the coin hoping it would somehow say Evgeni Nabokov was starting.
Crawford gets the nod on the road against the NHL’s first overall team (hey, good luck with that) after Ray Emery allowed a late softie last night in Nashville and the ‘Hawks dropped their ninth straight, 3-2 to the Predators.
“That’s one I really want to stop,” Emery said of Ryan Ellis’ game-winner that tipped ever so slightly off Duncan Keith’s stick. “It just hits off the defenseman. You’ve got to stop the trend somewhere. I’ve really got to stop that.”
Crawford’s last win came almost a month ago – since then, he’s made five starts, surrendered 19 goals, and been yanked twice.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)