Feb 15, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
Joel Quenneville flipped his goalie coin today and Corey Crawford will be in net tomorrow for the Blackhawks versus the Rangers.
No truth to the rumor Coach Q kept flipping the coin hoping it would somehow say Evgeni Nabokov was starting.
Crawford gets the nod on the road against the NHL’s first overall team (hey, good luck with that) after Ray Emery allowed a late softie last night in Nashville and the ‘Hawks dropped their ninth straight, 3-2 to the Predators.
“That’s one I really want to stop,” Emery said of Ryan Ellis’ game-winner that tipped ever so slightly off Duncan Keith’s stick. “It just hits off the defenseman. You’ve got to stop the trend somewhere. I’ve really got to stop that.”
Crawford’s last win came almost a month ago – since then, he’s made five starts, surrendered 19 goals, and been yanked twice.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)