Phil Kessel is easily intimidated, concludes anonymous group of players with fewer goals than Kessel
Feb 14, 2012, 2:07 PM EST
Sports Illustrated released its latest incendiary player poll today. In January, SI asked for the most overrated player in the NHL and Dion Phaneuf’s name topped the list, subsequently infuriating Leafs GM Brian Burke. This time it’s the easiest all-star type to intimidate.
Phil Kessel, Maple Leafs RW 15%
The Sedin Twins, Canucks F’s 8%
Alexander Semin, Capitals LW 7%
Patrick Kane, Blackhawks C 3%
Ilya Kovalchuk, Devils LW 3%
In a related story, Burke just kicked another hole in the wall.
Anyway, the results are hardly surprising. And now we play the waiting game before finding out what the players, their teammates and coaches say about the poll.
It’s the circle of life.
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 44
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31