Feb 14, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
The NHL trade deadline is less than two weeks away and now we’ve got a top prize available on the market.
After the report this morning about Rick Nash possibly being available for trade, TSN’s Bob McKenzie has found out that Columbus is indeed listening to offers for the Blue Jackets captain.
While Nash has a no-movement clause in his contract, McKenzie says that Columbus GM Scott Howson wouldn’t be listening to trade offers unless he had Nash’s blessing to do so meaning that if the right offer from the right team comes along, we could see Nash being shipped out on or before the trade deadline on February 27 at 3:00 p.m. ET.
That doesn’t necessarily mean that Nash is asking out of Columbus, however. He’s told Columbus Dispatch beat man Aaron Portzline recently that he loves Columbus and wants to help bring a winning team there. Turns out Nash might be helping to do that by being the crown jewel in a blockbuster deal.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)