Feb 14, 2012, 11:36 AM EST
The NHL trade deadline is less than two weeks away and now we’ve got a top prize available on the market.
After the report this morning about Rick Nash possibly being available for trade, TSN’s Bob McKenzie has found out that Columbus is indeed listening to offers for the Blue Jackets captain.
While Nash has a no-movement clause in his contract, McKenzie says that Columbus GM Scott Howson wouldn’t be listening to trade offers unless he had Nash’s blessing to do so meaning that if the right offer from the right team comes along, we could see Nash being shipped out on or before the trade deadline on February 27 at 3:00 p.m. ET.
That doesn’t necessarily mean that Nash is asking out of Columbus, however. He’s told Columbus Dispatch beat man Aaron Portzline recently that he loves Columbus and wants to help bring a winning team there. Turns out Nash might be helping to do that by being the crown jewel in a blockbuster deal.
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 0
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 8
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 10
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)