Feb 14, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
The Maple Leafs kick off a tough three-game western Canadian road trip tonight in Calgary, and they’ll do it without one of their key defensemen.
Gunnarsson is expected to be out at least seven days; however, the news could’ve been worse.
“It’s not bad; it’s not a high ankle sprain like we feared,” coach Ron Wilson told reporters.
In the meantime, the Leafs have recalled Keith Aulie from the minors.
Veteran rearguard Mike Komisarek, a healthy scratch the past two weeks, is expected to draw into the line-up against the Flames.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)