Feb 14, 2012, 5:11 PM EST
The Maple Leafs kick off a tough three-game western Canadian road trip tonight in Calgary, and they’ll do it without one of their key defensemen.
Gunnarsson is expected to be out at least seven days; however, the news could’ve been worse.
“It’s not bad; it’s not a high ankle sprain like we feared,” coach Ron Wilson told reporters.
In the meantime, the Leafs have recalled Keith Aulie from the minors.
Veteran rearguard Mike Komisarek, a healthy scratch the past two weeks, is expected to draw into the line-up against the Flames.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 22
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)