Feb 14, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
The Maple Leafs kick off a tough three-game western Canadian road trip tonight in Calgary, and they’ll do it without one of their key defensemen.
Gunnarsson is expected to be out at least seven days; however, the news could’ve been worse.
“It’s not bad; it’s not a high ankle sprain like we feared,” coach Ron Wilson told reporters.
In the meantime, the Leafs have recalled Keith Aulie from the minors.
Veteran rearguard Mike Komisarek, a healthy scratch the past two weeks, is expected to draw into the line-up against the Flames.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50