Feb 14, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
The Maple Leafs kick off a tough three-game western Canadian road trip tonight in Calgary, and they’ll do it without one of their key defensemen.
Gunnarsson is expected to be out at least seven days; however, the news could’ve been worse.
“It’s not bad; it’s not a high ankle sprain like we feared,” coach Ron Wilson told reporters.
In the meantime, the Leafs have recalled Keith Aulie from the minors.
Veteran rearguard Mike Komisarek, a healthy scratch the past two weeks, is expected to draw into the line-up against the Flames.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 7
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 14
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)