Feb 14, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
The Maple Leafs kick off a tough three-game western Canadian road trip tonight in Calgary, and they’ll do it without one of their key defensemen.
Gunnarsson is expected to be out at least seven days; however, the news could’ve been worse.
“It’s not bad; it’s not a high ankle sprain like we feared,” coach Ron Wilson told reporters.
In the meantime, the Leafs have recalled Keith Aulie from the minors.
Veteran rearguard Mike Komisarek, a healthy scratch the past two weeks, is expected to draw into the line-up against the Flames.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)