Feb 14, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
If you’re looking for clues to when Nathan Horton might return to action, a fairly big hint was dropped today.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports Horton won’t travel with the Bruins as they set out on a six-game, 11-day roadie beginning Wednesday in Montreal. That’s followed by dates in Winnipeg, Minnesota, St. Louis, Buffalo and Ottawa — all told, Boston will be on the road until Saturday, Feb. 25 and barring a dramatic turnaround, Horton won’t experience any of those thrilling locales.
The Bruins have called up Josh Hennessy from AHL Providence as the extra forward and judging by what head coach Claude Julien had to say, Hennessy should be with the Bs for the majority (if not all of) the trip.
“When you get some injuries to [Horton] and you have extra forwards, you want to bring somebody along,” said Claude Julien. “I think it serves both purposes to make players understand that you’re not pulling your weight around; that there is somebody that can take your spot.
“But at the same time if there’s an injury on this road trip it’s a lot easier to bring the guy along if he’s been around on the team than just fly him in and expect him to jump in there and do the job.”
Horton hasn’t played since Jan. 21 after suffering a concussion against Philadelphia. He’s missed the last six games — it’ll be seven after tonight’s tilt against the Rangers — and suffered a setback in recovery last week, forcing the Bruins to shut him down.
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 6
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 18
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)