Feb 14, 2012, 6:11 PM EST
If you’re looking for clues to when Nathan Horton might return to action, a fairly big hint was dropped today.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports Horton won’t travel with the Bruins as they set out on a six-game, 11-day roadie beginning Wednesday in Montreal. That’s followed by dates in Winnipeg, Minnesota, St. Louis, Buffalo and Ottawa — all told, Boston will be on the road until Saturday, Feb. 25 and barring a dramatic turnaround, Horton won’t experience any of those thrilling locales.
The Bruins have called up Josh Hennessy from AHL Providence as the extra forward and judging by what head coach Claude Julien had to say, Hennessy should be with the Bs for the majority (if not all of) the trip.
“When you get some injuries to [Horton] and you have extra forwards, you want to bring somebody along,” said Claude Julien. “I think it serves both purposes to make players understand that you’re not pulling your weight around; that there is somebody that can take your spot.
“But at the same time if there’s an injury on this road trip it’s a lot easier to bring the guy along if he’s been around on the team than just fly him in and expect him to jump in there and do the job.”
Horton hasn’t played since Jan. 21 after suffering a concussion against Philadelphia. He’s missed the last six games — it’ll be seven after tonight’s tilt against the Rangers — and suffered a setback in recovery last week, forcing the Bruins to shut him down.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 11
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 29
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 46
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)