Feb 14, 2012, 6:11 PM EST
If you’re looking for clues to when Nathan Horton might return to action, a fairly big hint was dropped today.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports Horton won’t travel with the Bruins as they set out on a six-game, 11-day roadie beginning Wednesday in Montreal. That’s followed by dates in Winnipeg, Minnesota, St. Louis, Buffalo and Ottawa — all told, Boston will be on the road until Saturday, Feb. 25 and barring a dramatic turnaround, Horton won’t experience any of those thrilling locales.
The Bruins have called up Josh Hennessy from AHL Providence as the extra forward and judging by what head coach Claude Julien had to say, Hennessy should be with the Bs for the majority (if not all of) the trip.
“When you get some injuries to [Horton] and you have extra forwards, you want to bring somebody along,” said Claude Julien. “I think it serves both purposes to make players understand that you’re not pulling your weight around; that there is somebody that can take your spot.
“But at the same time if there’s an injury on this road trip it’s a lot easier to bring the guy along if he’s been around on the team than just fly him in and expect him to jump in there and do the job.”
Horton hasn’t played since Jan. 21 after suffering a concussion against Philadelphia. He’s missed the last six games — it’ll be seven after tonight’s tilt against the Rangers — and suffered a setback in recovery last week, forcing the Bruins to shut him down.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 15
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10