Feb 14, 2012, 3:21 PM EST
The Rangers forward was blind-sided by Moore in Thursday’s win over the Lightning and has since missed New York’s last two contests. While Fedotenko is slowly getting back to health — he’s a game-time decision for Tuesday’s game in Boston — he’s still irate about the hit that sidelined him.
“I’m angry. I felt like the puck was not near me so I didn’t expect that hit,” Fedotenko told ESPN New York. “We’re trying to take these types of plays away from the game so we don’t have any kind of concussions or hurt each other.”
Moore was fined $2,500 by the league for the hit, but not suspended. NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan said replayed showed Moore never made contact with Fedotenko’s head — rather, Moore’s back made contact with Fedotenko’s stick, which then hit Fedotenko in the face.
Regardless, the 33-year-old Russian is still upset.
“Intent was there. The puck was not near me. We’re trying to eliminate those plays from the game,” said Fedotenko.”They make a decision and we’ll go with that. They have their rights and their opinions and we’ll go with that.”
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)