Feb 14, 2012, 3:21 PM EDT
The Rangers forward was blind-sided by Moore in Thursday’s win over the Lightning and has since missed New York’s last two contests. While Fedotenko is slowly getting back to health — he’s a game-time decision for Tuesday’s game in Boston — he’s still irate about the hit that sidelined him.
“I’m angry. I felt like the puck was not near me so I didn’t expect that hit,” Fedotenko told ESPN New York. “We’re trying to take these types of plays away from the game so we don’t have any kind of concussions or hurt each other.”
Moore was fined $2,500 by the league for the hit, but not suspended. NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan said replayed showed Moore never made contact with Fedotenko’s head – rather, Moore’s back made contact with Fedotenko’s stick, which then hit Fedotenko in the face.
Regardless, the 33-year-old Russian is still upset.
“Intent was there. The puck was not near me. We’re trying to eliminate those plays from the game,” said Fedotenko.”They make a decision and we’ll go with that. They have their rights and their opinions and we’ll go with that.”
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 26
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 70
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (70)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)