Feb 14, 2012, 3:21 PM EDT
The Rangers forward was blind-sided by Moore in Thursday’s win over the Lightning and has since missed New York’s last two contests. While Fedotenko is slowly getting back to health — he’s a game-time decision for Tuesday’s game in Boston — he’s still irate about the hit that sidelined him.
“I’m angry. I felt like the puck was not near me so I didn’t expect that hit,” Fedotenko told ESPN New York. “We’re trying to take these types of plays away from the game so we don’t have any kind of concussions or hurt each other.”
Moore was fined $2,500 by the league for the hit, but not suspended. NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan said replayed showed Moore never made contact with Fedotenko’s head — rather, Moore’s back made contact with Fedotenko’s stick, which then hit Fedotenko in the face.
Regardless, the 33-year-old Russian is still upset.
“Intent was there. The puck was not near me. We’re trying to eliminate those plays from the game,” said Fedotenko.”They make a decision and we’ll go with that. They have their rights and their opinions and we’ll go with that.”
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)