Feb 14, 2012, 3:21 PM EDT
The Rangers forward was blind-sided by Moore in Thursday’s win over the Lightning and has since missed New York’s last two contests. While Fedotenko is slowly getting back to health — he’s a game-time decision for Tuesday’s game in Boston — he’s still irate about the hit that sidelined him.
“I’m angry. I felt like the puck was not near me so I didn’t expect that hit,” Fedotenko told ESPN New York. “We’re trying to take these types of plays away from the game so we don’t have any kind of concussions or hurt each other.”
Moore was fined $2,500 by the league for the hit, but not suspended. NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan said replayed showed Moore never made contact with Fedotenko’s head — rather, Moore’s back made contact with Fedotenko’s stick, which then hit Fedotenko in the face.
Regardless, the 33-year-old Russian is still upset.
“Intent was there. The puck was not near me. We’re trying to eliminate those plays from the game,” said Fedotenko.”They make a decision and we’ll go with that. They have their rights and their opinions and we’ll go with that.”
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)