Feb 14, 2012, 3:21 PM EST
The Rangers forward was blind-sided by Moore in Thursday’s win over the Lightning and has since missed New York’s last two contests. While Fedotenko is slowly getting back to health — he’s a game-time decision for Tuesday’s game in Boston — he’s still irate about the hit that sidelined him.
“I’m angry. I felt like the puck was not near me so I didn’t expect that hit,” Fedotenko told ESPN New York. “We’re trying to take these types of plays away from the game so we don’t have any kind of concussions or hurt each other.”
Moore was fined $2,500 by the league for the hit, but not suspended. NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan said replayed showed Moore never made contact with Fedotenko’s head – rather, Moore’s back made contact with Fedotenko’s stick, which then hit Fedotenko in the face.
Regardless, the 33-year-old Russian is still upset.
“Intent was there. The puck was not near me. We’re trying to eliminate those plays from the game,” said Fedotenko.”They make a decision and we’ll go with that. They have their rights and their opinions and we’ll go with that.”
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)