Feb 14, 2012, 8:59 PM EDT
Perron cites time off during the All-Star break as especially helpful, but the bottom line is that he’s on a torrid pace right now. He was named the NHL’s third star of last week and it’s easy to see why; Perron has seven points (six goals and one assist) in his last four games.
Actually, make that at least eight in his last five because Perron already has an assist on David Backes‘ shorthanded goal tonight.
Even when the Blues were revving things up with Ken Hitchcock taking the controls, the interesting wild card was how concussed assets Perron and Andy McDonald would change the equation. Perron has at least 25 points in 31 games, which is especially impressive since he claims he hasn’t always been up to NHL speed.
McDonald is still working his way back into the system, but it’s clear that Perron make St. Louis that much more potent.
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 0
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 27
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 33
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona